Thursday, November 3, 2005
September 17, 2005
The 15th Annual Delta Kappa Home Tour is Sunday, Sept. 25, from 1:30 to 5 p.m. in Hood River. This year’s tour benefits the Georgiana Smith Memorial Garden at the Hood River County Library.
The tour features six Hood River homes – three older, classic homes in town and three newer homes on the West side.
Tickets for the tour are $8 in advance and are available at Waucoma Bookstore and at Tammy’s Floral. They are also available at the door for $9.
The tour starts at Hawks Ridge where refreshments will be served. Maps and information will be available there, and apartments will be open for touring.
Historic Blowers Home
Ted and Karen Ostrye:
12th and Prospect, Hood River
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge