Thursday, November 3, 2005
September 17, 2005
The 15th Annual Delta Kappa Home Tour is Sunday, Sept. 25, from 1:30 to 5 p.m. in Hood River. This year’s tour benefits the Georgiana Smith Memorial Garden at the Hood River County Library.
The tour features six Hood River homes – three older, classic homes in town and three newer homes on the West side.
Tickets for the tour are $8 in advance and are available at Waucoma Bookstore and at Tammy’s Floral. They are also available at the door for $9.
The tour starts at Hawks Ridge where refreshments will be served. Maps and information will be available there, and apartments will be open for touring.
Historic Blowers Home
Ted and Karen Ostrye:
12th and Prospect, Hood River
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge