Thursday, November 3, 2005
September 24, 2005
The first meeting of the newly formed Discover Kids Bike Club is set for Saturday, Oct. 1 at Jackson Park. Kids ages 5-12 of all riding abilities are invited to join the club and turn out for the kick-off event, which will be a riding skills workshop for skill levels from training wheels to hucking. The workshop will run from 9:30-11 a.m.
Club organizer Jennifer Wilson commented: “I believe that through the sport of mountain biking, young kids will have the opportunity to develop the skills, values, and strategies that will guide them throughout their lives and enable them to succeed in school and in life. This club is not about racing (although we will have some fun races and eventually offer race training). Our goal is to spark the love of riding a bike outside in this incredible community that we live in.”
Anyone interested in joining the Discover Kids Club can sign up at Discover Bicycles in downtown Hood River. The annual club fee is $20. Kids can also sign up for the club at Jackson Park before the workshop.
Co-sponsor Mike’s Ice Cream will be serving ice cream cones at the event.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge