Thursday, November 3, 2005
September 24, 2005
The first meeting of the newly formed Discover Kids Bike Club is set for Saturday, Oct. 1 at Jackson Park. Kids ages 5-12 of all riding abilities are invited to join the club and turn out for the kick-off event, which will be a riding skills workshop for skill levels from training wheels to hucking. The workshop will run from 9:30-11 a.m.
Club organizer Jennifer Wilson commented: “I believe that through the sport of mountain biking, young kids will have the opportunity to develop the skills, values, and strategies that will guide them throughout their lives and enable them to succeed in school and in life. This club is not about racing (although we will have some fun races and eventually offer race training). Our goal is to spark the love of riding a bike outside in this incredible community that we live in.”
Anyone interested in joining the Discover Kids Club can sign up at Discover Bicycles in downtown Hood River. The annual club fee is $20. Kids can also sign up for the club at Jackson Park before the workshop.
Co-sponsor Mike’s Ice Cream will be serving ice cream cones at the event.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge