Thursday, November 3, 2005
September 24, 2005
The first meeting of the newly formed Discover Kids Bike Club is set for Saturday, Oct. 1 at Jackson Park. Kids ages 5-12 of all riding abilities are invited to join the club and turn out for the kick-off event, which will be a riding skills workshop for skill levels from training wheels to hucking. The workshop will run from 9:30-11 a.m.
Club organizer Jennifer Wilson commented: “I believe that through the sport of mountain biking, young kids will have the opportunity to develop the skills, values, and strategies that will guide them throughout their lives and enable them to succeed in school and in life. This club is not about racing (although we will have some fun races and eventually offer race training). Our goal is to spark the love of riding a bike outside in this incredible community that we live in.”
Anyone interested in joining the Discover Kids Club can sign up at Discover Bicycles in downtown Hood River. The annual club fee is $20. Kids can also sign up for the club at Jackson Park before the workshop.
Co-sponsor Mike’s Ice Cream will be serving ice cream cones at the event.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge