Thursday, November 3, 2005
News staff writer
August 10, 2005
Summer vacation is dwindling quickly away from Hood River kids. The back-to-school sales racks are thinning, pencil sales are skyrocketing, and as athletes cherish their last days before fall practice, coaches are fast at the drawing boards getting their best game-plans ready for daily doubles.
All fall sports at Hood River Valley High School (soccer, cross-country, football, volleyball, and cheerleading) officially begin practices on Aug. 22.
The week prior to regular practices, the following programs will hold summer camps, which will be for incoming freshmen through seniors:
Aug. 15-19, 6-8:30 p.m. at HRVHS
Aug. 15-18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside field.
Aug. 16-19, 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside field.
Aug.15, 16, 18, 19, 6-8:30 a.m. at HRVHS
6 p.m. Tuesdays at the bottom of the stairs and Thuursdays at the HRVHS south parking lot, 8 a.m. Saturdays at Post Canyon.
Fall sports night:
7 p.m. Aug. 17 at HRVHS. This will be a chance for athletes and parents of all fall sports to meet their coaches, ask any questions, and take care of necessary paperwork. For more information, contact HRVHS Athletic Director Phil Vessel at 386-4500.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge