Thursday, November 3, 2005
News staff writer
August 10, 2005
Summer vacation is dwindling quickly away from Hood River kids. The back-to-school sales racks are thinning, pencil sales are skyrocketing, and as athletes cherish their last days before fall practice, coaches are fast at the drawing boards getting their best game-plans ready for daily doubles.
All fall sports at Hood River Valley High School (soccer, cross-country, football, volleyball, and cheerleading) officially begin practices on Aug. 22.
The week prior to regular practices, the following programs will hold summer camps, which will be for incoming freshmen through seniors:
Aug. 15-19, 6-8:30 p.m. at HRVHS
Aug. 15-18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside field.
Aug. 16-19, 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside field.
Aug.15, 16, 18, 19, 6-8:30 a.m. at HRVHS
6 p.m. Tuesdays at the bottom of the stairs and Thuursdays at the HRVHS south parking lot, 8 a.m. Saturdays at Post Canyon.
Fall sports night:
7 p.m. Aug. 17 at HRVHS. This will be a chance for athletes and parents of all fall sports to meet their coaches, ask any questions, and take care of necessary paperwork. For more information, contact HRVHS Athletic Director Phil Vessel at 386-4500.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge