Thursday, November 3, 2005
News staff writer
August 10, 2005
Summer vacation is dwindling quickly away from Hood River kids. The back-to-school sales racks are thinning, pencil sales are skyrocketing, and as athletes cherish their last days before fall practice, coaches are fast at the drawing boards getting their best game-plans ready for daily doubles.
All fall sports at Hood River Valley High School (soccer, cross-country, football, volleyball, and cheerleading) officially begin practices on Aug. 22.
The week prior to regular practices, the following programs will hold summer camps, which will be for incoming freshmen through seniors:
Aug. 15-19, 6-8:30 p.m. at HRVHS
Aug. 15-18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside field.
Aug. 16-19, 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside field.
Aug.15, 16, 18, 19, 6-8:30 a.m. at HRVHS
6 p.m. Tuesdays at the bottom of the stairs and Thuursdays at the HRVHS south parking lot, 8 a.m. Saturdays at Post Canyon.
Fall sports night:
7 p.m. Aug. 17 at HRVHS. This will be a chance for athletes and parents of all fall sports to meet their coaches, ask any questions, and take care of necessary paperwork. For more information, contact HRVHS Athletic Director Phil Vessel at 386-4500.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge