Thursday, November 3, 2005
News staff writer
August 10, 2005
Summer vacation is dwindling quickly away from Hood River kids. The back-to-school sales racks are thinning, pencil sales are skyrocketing, and as athletes cherish their last days before fall practice, coaches are fast at the drawing boards getting their best game-plans ready for daily doubles.
All fall sports at Hood River Valley High School (soccer, cross-country, football, volleyball, and cheerleading) officially begin practices on Aug. 22.
The week prior to regular practices, the following programs will hold summer camps, which will be for incoming freshmen through seniors:
Aug. 15-19, 6-8:30 p.m. at HRVHS
Aug. 15-18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside field.
Aug. 16-19, 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside field.
Aug.15, 16, 18, 19, 6-8:30 a.m. at HRVHS
6 p.m. Tuesdays at the bottom of the stairs and Thuursdays at the HRVHS south parking lot, 8 a.m. Saturdays at Post Canyon.
Fall sports night:
7 p.m. Aug. 17 at HRVHS. This will be a chance for athletes and parents of all fall sports to meet their coaches, ask any questions, and take care of necessary paperwork. For more information, contact HRVHS Athletic Director Phil Vessel at 386-4500.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events