Thursday, November 3, 2005
News staff writer
August 10, 2005
Summer vacation is dwindling quickly away from Hood River kids. The back-to-school sales racks are thinning, pencil sales are skyrocketing, and as athletes cherish their last days before fall practice, coaches are fast at the drawing boards getting their best game-plans ready for daily doubles.
All fall sports at Hood River Valley High School (soccer, cross-country, football, volleyball, and cheerleading) officially begin practices on Aug. 22.
The week prior to regular practices, the following programs will hold summer camps, which will be for incoming freshmen through seniors:
Aug. 15-19, 6-8:30 p.m. at HRVHS
Aug. 15-18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside field.
Aug. 16-19, 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside field.
Aug.15, 16, 18, 19, 6-8:30 a.m. at HRVHS
6 p.m. Tuesdays at the bottom of the stairs and Thuursdays at the HRVHS south parking lot, 8 a.m. Saturdays at Post Canyon.
Fall sports night:
7 p.m. Aug. 17 at HRVHS. This will be a chance for athletes and parents of all fall sports to meet their coaches, ask any questions, and take care of necessary paperwork. For more information, contact HRVHS Athletic Director Phil Vessel at 386-4500.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge