Thursday, November 3, 2005
September 7, 2005
The Columbia Gorge Soccer League’s annual League Cup tournament came to a close on Sunday afternoon with division one and two Cup finals at Wy’east middle school. Action was fierce and physical in both games and the sidelines were packed with lively fans, cheering for their favorite teams.
In the division one finals, Juventus defeated Abasolo 3-1 for the Cup.
For Juventus, Jorge Hernandes, Alex Ponce and Juan Carlos Linares had one goal each. Mario Peres scored Abasolo’s single goal.
In the second division, Canalitos defeated San Sebastian 3- 1.
Juan Flores, Crstobal Delgado and Pedro Flores scored for Canalitos and Judd McDonald scored for San Sebastian.
After the matches, league organizer Jose Ponce commented: “On behalf of the board of directors for the Columbia Gorge Soccer League, we would like to thank Hood River Ford Mercury for sponsoring the trophies for the league. We really appreciate it.”
Other weekend results:
Second division semifinals: San Antonio defeated Canalitos 2-1. Lionel Castillo and Filiverto Costillo scored for San Antonio and Urbano Rumero scored for Canalitos. Charrapo defeated Mt. Adams 3-2. Adrian Villa, Omar Campos and Miguel A Derez scored for Mt. Adams and Brulio and Cheno Barajas scored one goal each for Mt. Adams.
In the last Division one league game of the season, Real Madrid defeated Azteca 4-1.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge