Thursday, November 3, 2005
September 7, 2005
The Columbia Gorge Soccer League’s annual League Cup tournament came to a close on Sunday afternoon with division one and two Cup finals at Wy’east middle school. Action was fierce and physical in both games and the sidelines were packed with lively fans, cheering for their favorite teams.
In the division one finals, Juventus defeated Abasolo 3-1 for the Cup.
For Juventus, Jorge Hernandes, Alex Ponce and Juan Carlos Linares had one goal each. Mario Peres scored Abasolo’s single goal.
In the second division, Canalitos defeated San Sebastian 3- 1.
Juan Flores, Crstobal Delgado and Pedro Flores scored for Canalitos and Judd McDonald scored for San Sebastian.
After the matches, league organizer Jose Ponce commented: “On behalf of the board of directors for the Columbia Gorge Soccer League, we would like to thank Hood River Ford Mercury for sponsoring the trophies for the league. We really appreciate it.”
Other weekend results:
Second division semifinals: San Antonio defeated Canalitos 2-1. Lionel Castillo and Filiverto Costillo scored for San Antonio and Urbano Rumero scored for Canalitos. Charrapo defeated Mt. Adams 3-2. Adrian Villa, Omar Campos and Miguel A Derez scored for Mt. Adams and Brulio and Cheno Barajas scored one goal each for Mt. Adams.
In the last Division one league game of the season, Real Madrid defeated Azteca 4-1.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge