Thursday, November 3, 2005
We’re so blessed!
We’d like to offer our sincerest thanks to the all the people who attended the “Ragin’ Cajun” benefit at Stonehedge over the weekend. And many thanks to the Red Cross volunteers for being there and helping and answering questions about how we can help out locally. And many many thanks to the musicians- — Jason, Richard, John and Henry for creating such a warm sense of community that only live music can deliver.
It was a special night. Great food, torches burning, bonfire blazing, music jamming and people smiling. Thank you Hood River.
Some of you may know that our Chef, Matt Arnall, is a FEMA responder stationed in New Orleans. He reports that conditions in the smaller towns along the entire Gulf Coast are terrible at best. There is complete devastation in places where people truly still live off the land. And right now they can’t fish or hunt or build shelter.
If you can give to the Red Cross please do. We will be offering a four course, Gulf Coast dinner for $25 until our chef returns. We will donate $10 of every special sold. So far we’ve raised over $1,200. It’s not much in the scheme of things but every little bit helps.
“When we toured New Orleans to do research for our Cajun restaurant, the chefs embraced us like brothers. They took us in their kitchens and gave us recipes and made sure we understood the process and the love that they feel about their cooking. They are amazing Americans and they need our help. Thank You.
Mike and Shawna Caldwell
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge