Thursday, November 3, 2005
Hood River resident Betty Louise Smith died Aug. 20, 2005, at the Hood River Care Center. She was 62 years of age.
A funeral service will be held Wednesday, Aug. 24, at 2 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
A visitation will be held Tuesday, Aug. 23, from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Betty was born Feb. 2, 1943, in Kelso, Wash., to Charles and Mable (Flory) Kassner.
She spent her childhood in the Kelso, Longview, Wash., area until her teens when the family moved to the Salem, Ore., area. In 1960 she married Calvin Smith in Mehama, Ore. Together they moved they family to the Hood River Valley in 1972.
Betty enjoyed gardening and was known for her wonderful cooking. She loved to arrange family “get togethers” and cook big dinners. Babysitting her grandchildren was a great joy to her as well.
Mrs. Smith is survived by her husband Calvin of Odell, Ore., daughters Susan Bloom and Sharon Price of Odell, son Steven Smith of Odell, brothers Larry Kassner and Robin Bond of Stayton, Ore., and Dennis Kassner of Kalispell, Mont., sister Paulette Strand of Columbia Falls, Mont., 7 grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Odell Fire Department or the American Diabetes Association, c/o Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Road, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge