Thursday, November 3, 2005
Verda Lucille Dillon, a Parkdale, Ore., resident, died Aug. 2, 2005, at Skyline Hospital in White Salmon, Wash. She was 94 years of age.
Services will be held on Monday, Aug. 8 at 1 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center. Visitation will be held on Monday from 11 a.m. until service time.
Verda was born Aug. 12, 1910, in Lineville, Ohio to Oliver and Lottie (Moore) Ward. She was raised and educated in Missouri and married William Joseph Dillon on Feb. 15, 1936, in Kansas. She came to Oregon in 1937 and resided in Mosier until 1959. She lived in Portland, Ore., for a couple of years and then returned to Missouri in 1961. She was a member of Bud Clark Christian Church in Kansas City, Mo. For the past seven years she has resided with her son in Parkdale and her daughter in Wishram, Wash. She worked as a caregiver from 1959 until her retirement in 1975.
Verda enjoyed crocheting, cooking, gardening and canning.
She was preceded in death by her husband in 1998, son Joseph in 1964, three sisters and one brother.
Survivors include her son, Leo “Johnny” Dillon of Parkdale; daughter Lucille Worsham of Wishram, and sister Jane Cole of Missouri. Six grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews also survive.
Interment will be at Idlewild Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Gorge, c/o Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals-Receptions-Cremations), 1401 Belmont, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control