Thursday, November 3, 2005
Rev. Roger Thompson
The Rev. Roger William Thompson died at age 86 on Sept. 13, 2005, in Hillsboro, Ore., of congestive heart failure.
A celebration of life service is planned for Oct. 29 in Odell, Ore., at Odell United Methodist Church.
Roger was born on Dec. 20, 1918, in Syracuse, N.Y. He married Mary Lucille Corbett in 1946.
Roger retired as a Methodist minister in 1985. He lived in Odell from 1985-2005. He served two churches in the greater Portland area, Tualatin MC from 1978-82 and Montavilla UMCV from 1982-85. In January 2005 he moved to Hillsboro.
He was educated at Tusculum College in Greeneville, Tenn., and at Drew University in Madison, N.J., where he earned his Bachelor of Divinity degree in 1948.
He is survived by his wife, Mary, daughters Melinda White and Mary Ann Bertelson, and sons Bill Thompson, Jim Thompson, and Mark Thompson, along with nine grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
Memorial gifts may be made to Alzheimer’s Association, Oregon Chapter, 131 N.W. 21st Ave., Portland, OR 97209.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge