Thursday, November 3, 2005
Rev. Roger Thompson
The Rev. Roger William Thompson died at age 86 on Sept. 13, 2005, in Hillsboro, Ore., of congestive heart failure.
A celebration of life service is planned for Oct. 29 in Odell, Ore., at Odell United Methodist Church.
Roger was born on Dec. 20, 1918, in Syracuse, N.Y. He married Mary Lucille Corbett in 1946.
Roger retired as a Methodist minister in 1985. He lived in Odell from 1985-2005. He served two churches in the greater Portland area, Tualatin MC from 1978-82 and Montavilla UMCV from 1982-85. In January 2005 he moved to Hillsboro.
He was educated at Tusculum College in Greeneville, Tenn., and at Drew University in Madison, N.J., where he earned his Bachelor of Divinity degree in 1948.
He is survived by his wife, Mary, daughters Melinda White and Mary Ann Bertelson, and sons Bill Thompson, Jim Thompson, and Mark Thompson, along with nine grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
Memorial gifts may be made to Alzheimer’s Association, Oregon Chapter, 131 N.W. 21st Ave., Portland, OR 97209.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge