Thursday, November 3, 2005
Former Hood River resident Robert Munnell Cornelison died Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005, at the Hospice of the Valley in Mesa, Ariz.
Bob was born Nov. 13, 1917, to Bernard Soule and Hannah Leah (Taylor) Cornelison near Wendell, Idaho. He graduated from Wendell High School in 1936 and continued on to college, finally earning his degree from Central Washington College of Education in 1952.
Bob met Juanita McCracken in Ridgefield, Wash., where she was a nurse at a local doctor’s office. They were married on Oct. 5, 1943. Bob and Juanita lived in five states and had five children in their 54 years of marriage. He worked in many fields: hardware, teaching, electrical engineering, insurance and plumbing.
Bob is best remembered for taking time to brighten the day of everyone he came into contact with. He had a great sense of humor and a generous heart. He passed his love of family on to his children and grandchildren. All knew they were the most special person to their dad, granddad or great-granddad.
Bob is predeceased by his wife, Juanita; parents; brother, Howard; sisters Miriam Foster and Bernice Lowry; and great-granddaughter, Delaney Gardine.
He is survived by his sister, Kathryn Hansen of Albuquerque, N.M.; second wife, Dorothy, of Sun Lakes, Ariz.; and children Karla Binder of Murrieta, Calif., Beth Borgeson of Brooklyn Park, Minn., Jane VanBrunt of White Bear, Minn., Trudy Koszarek of Valdez, Alaska, and Mac Cornelison of Hood River; 10 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
Graveside services will be on Oct. 8, 2005, in Winlock, Wash., where he will be laid to rest with his wife, Juanita, and his parents.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge