Thursday, November 3, 2005
Cecelia Sue Colvin, a Hood River, Ore., resident, died Aug. 29, 2005, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. She was 69 years of age.
Sue was born April 23, 1936, in Huntington, Ind., to Jesse and Helen (Heiney) Cramer and was raised and educated in Marion, Ind. On Oct. 23, 1955, she and Tom Colvin were married in Marion. Tom served 23 years in the U.S. Air Force and they resided in various areas before moving to Hood River, Ore., in 1979. From 1980 until 1998, she worked as a cook at Hood River High School. She also worked with her husband cleaning St. Mary’s Catholic Church, from 1979 until 1995.
Sue was a member of Asbury United Methodist Church and was a supporter of F.I.S.H. She was a loving wife, mother and friend. Sue enjoyed reading, gardening, sewing and knitting.
Her father, Jesse, preceded her in death.
Sue is survived by her husband, Tom Colvin of Hood River; mother, Helen Cramer of Marion, Ind.; brother, Tim Cramer of Swayzee, Ind.; sons Tom, Jr., of Portland, Ore., and Jesse of Hood River, Ore.; and daughter, Theo Colvin of Apache Junction, Ariz. Two grandchildren, Suzy Mosqueda of Odell, Ore., and Tacy Yrjanson of Apache Junction, Ariz.; three great-grandchildren, Andy, Rhett and Jenna Mosqueda; and numerous cousins also survive.
Memorial contributions may be made to Asbury United Methodist Church in care of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals-Receptions-Cremations), 1401 Belmont, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill