Thursday, November 3, 2005
Cecelia Sue Colvin, a Hood River, Ore., resident, died Aug. 29, 2005, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. She was 69 years of age.
Sue was born April 23, 1936, in Huntington, Ind., to Jesse and Helen (Heiney) Cramer and was raised and educated in Marion, Ind. On Oct. 23, 1955, she and Tom Colvin were married in Marion. Tom served 23 years in the U.S. Air Force and they resided in various areas before moving to Hood River, Ore., in 1979. From 1980 until 1998, she worked as a cook at Hood River High School. She also worked with her husband cleaning St. Mary’s Catholic Church, from 1979 until 1995.
Sue was a member of Asbury United Methodist Church and was a supporter of F.I.S.H. She was a loving wife, mother and friend. Sue enjoyed reading, gardening, sewing and knitting.
Her father, Jesse, preceded her in death.
Sue is survived by her husband, Tom Colvin of Hood River; mother, Helen Cramer of Marion, Ind.; brother, Tim Cramer of Swayzee, Ind.; sons Tom, Jr., of Portland, Ore., and Jesse of Hood River, Ore.; and daughter, Theo Colvin of Apache Junction, Ariz. Two grandchildren, Suzy Mosqueda of Odell, Ore., and Tacy Yrjanson of Apache Junction, Ariz.; three great-grandchildren, Andy, Rhett and Jenna Mosqueda; and numerous cousins also survive.
Memorial contributions may be made to Asbury United Methodist Church in care of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals-Receptions-Cremations), 1401 Belmont, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge