Thursday, November 3, 2005
August 13, 2005
New-age, grass-roots, progressive sport at its best. A kiteboarding rail-slider competition on the outer sand bar with specially built rails. Event will be judged by competitors based on 4-hour expression sessions.
Saturday, Aug. 13 (wind permitting), from about 1 to 5 p.m. Same time on Sunday if Saturday is flat.
The event is an invitational… this time. Competitors will be some of the best young rippers in the Hood.
Outer sand bar, Hood River. Access from the Spit.
Event is free to watch; however, admission to the Spit is $3 per vehicle.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge