Thursday, November 3, 2005
August 13, 2005
New-age, grass-roots, progressive sport at its best. A kiteboarding rail-slider competition on the outer sand bar with specially built rails. Event will be judged by competitors based on 4-hour expression sessions.
Saturday, Aug. 13 (wind permitting), from about 1 to 5 p.m. Same time on Sunday if Saturday is flat.
The event is an invitational… this time. Competitors will be some of the best young rippers in the Hood.
Outer sand bar, Hood River. Access from the Spit.
Event is free to watch; however, admission to the Spit is $3 per vehicle.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge