Thursday, November 3, 2005
August 13, 2005
New-age, grass-roots, progressive sport at its best. A kiteboarding rail-slider competition on the outer sand bar with specially built rails. Event will be judged by competitors based on 4-hour expression sessions.
Saturday, Aug. 13 (wind permitting), from about 1 to 5 p.m. Same time on Sunday if Saturday is flat.
The event is an invitational… this time. Competitors will be some of the best young rippers in the Hood.
Outer sand bar, Hood River. Access from the Spit.
Event is free to watch; however, admission to the Spit is $3 per vehicle.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill