Thursday, November 3, 2005
August 13, 2005
New-age, grass-roots, progressive sport at its best. A kiteboarding rail-slider competition on the outer sand bar with specially built rails. Event will be judged by competitors based on 4-hour expression sessions.
Saturday, Aug. 13 (wind permitting), from about 1 to 5 p.m. Same time on Sunday if Saturday is flat.
The event is an invitational… this time. Competitors will be some of the best young rippers in the Hood.
Outer sand bar, Hood River. Access from the Spit.
Event is free to watch; however, admission to the Spit is $3 per vehicle.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge