Thursday, November 3, 2005
August 13, 2005
New-age, grass-roots, progressive sport at its best. A kiteboarding rail-slider competition on the outer sand bar with specially built rails. Event will be judged by competitors based on 4-hour expression sessions.
Saturday, Aug. 13 (wind permitting), from about 1 to 5 p.m. Same time on Sunday if Saturday is flat.
The event is an invitational… this time. Competitors will be some of the best young rippers in the Hood.
Outer sand bar, Hood River. Access from the Spit.
Event is free to watch; however, admission to the Spit is $3 per vehicle.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge