Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
Four schools participated in Saturday’s Second Annual Apple Cup: Centennial; David Douglas; Hood River; and Lincoln.
Names and events of the Hood River winners:
* Duo Interpretive, first place: Dana Utroske and Devin Landry.
* Prose Reading, second place: Marharyta Berlova, exchange student from Ukraine, reading in English from “To Kill A Mockingbird.”
* Impromptu Speaking, first place: Bridget Wade; second place: Emma Spaulding.
* Poetry Reading, second place: Zach Innes; third place: Kelbe Thompson; fourth place: Sara Anthony.
* Public Debate, first place: Kieran Lerch and Lauren Merge; second place: Chase Drum and August Jackson; third place: Andy Crafts and Mike Shank.
“Everyone had a blast,” said advisor Regena Rafelson. “A huge number of volunteers helped out with judging, and kept us organized.”
Rosauers, Safeway, Hood River Bagel Company, Frolik, Waucoma Bookstore, Doug’s Sports, The Wine Sellers, Discover Bike Rental, 3 Rivers Grill, Doppio, and Freestyle Hair donated goods and services to the fundraising raffle or helped feed judges.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge