Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
Four schools participated in Saturday’s Second Annual Apple Cup: Centennial; David Douglas; Hood River; and Lincoln.
Names and events of the Hood River winners:
* Duo Interpretive, first place: Dana Utroske and Devin Landry.
* Prose Reading, second place: Marharyta Berlova, exchange student from Ukraine, reading in English from “To Kill A Mockingbird.”
* Impromptu Speaking, first place: Bridget Wade; second place: Emma Spaulding.
* Poetry Reading, second place: Zach Innes; third place: Kelbe Thompson; fourth place: Sara Anthony.
* Public Debate, first place: Kieran Lerch and Lauren Merge; second place: Chase Drum and August Jackson; third place: Andy Crafts and Mike Shank.
“Everyone had a blast,” said advisor Regena Rafelson. “A huge number of volunteers helped out with judging, and kept us organized.”
Rosauers, Safeway, Hood River Bagel Company, Frolik, Waucoma Bookstore, Doug’s Sports, The Wine Sellers, Discover Bike Rental, 3 Rivers Grill, Doppio, and Freestyle Hair donated goods and services to the fundraising raffle or helped feed judges.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge