Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
Four schools participated in Saturday’s Second Annual Apple Cup: Centennial; David Douglas; Hood River; and Lincoln.
Names and events of the Hood River winners:
* Duo Interpretive, first place: Dana Utroske and Devin Landry.
* Prose Reading, second place: Marharyta Berlova, exchange student from Ukraine, reading in English from “To Kill A Mockingbird.”
* Impromptu Speaking, first place: Bridget Wade; second place: Emma Spaulding.
* Poetry Reading, second place: Zach Innes; third place: Kelbe Thompson; fourth place: Sara Anthony.
* Public Debate, first place: Kieran Lerch and Lauren Merge; second place: Chase Drum and August Jackson; third place: Andy Crafts and Mike Shank.
“Everyone had a blast,” said advisor Regena Rafelson. “A huge number of volunteers helped out with judging, and kept us organized.”
Rosauers, Safeway, Hood River Bagel Company, Frolik, Waucoma Bookstore, Doug’s Sports, The Wine Sellers, Discover Bike Rental, 3 Rivers Grill, Doppio, and Freestyle Hair donated goods and services to the fundraising raffle or helped feed judges.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill