Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 5, 2005
Dog River Coffee announced this week that Stumptown Coffee Roasters has been named "Roaster of the Year, 2005."
"Roaster of the Year" is something that was started by Roast Magazine that includes all aspects of the coffee industry, from the green bean buying practices to the finished cup," said Dog River co-owner Christine Hoag.
Stumptown was picked from roasters from all over the world. Stumptown had to fill out a lengthy application, detailing their work on a global level as well as a local level. They go above and beyond with their green bean buying and their relationships with the farms as well as their relationships and their practices with their employees. The final stage of the competition is a sampling of the roasted coffee that is judged by the Coffee Lab, which is located in Vermont. Out of the three finalists, only one is picked through this final stage of tasting and Stumptown came out on top. This is the second year Stumptown has applied for this honor. Stumptown will be featured on the cover of Roast Magazine in November.
"We congratulate them on this great accomplishment," Hoag said. "We are very serious about our coffee and hand craft all our drinks per-order.
Each barista is trained through Stumptown and then through a specific training at Dog River." The café, at 411 Oak St,. also carries smoothies and pastries and recently added a breakfast burrito to the menu. The café offers free Wi-Fi and has two computers for public use.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge