Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 5, 2005
The season is over. After a wet spring, a hot summer and an intense playoff tournament this fall, the Columbia Gorge Soccer League played its final game of 2005 on Sunday afternoon in the rain and mud at Wy’east Middle School. The Division One title goes to Guerrero, with Palmers taking second.
The playoff tournament was intense and well-played. With emotions heated going into the finals, two teams remained undefeated. Guerrero and Palmeros.
The championship round was a two-game format. Guerrero won the first game by one goal, which gave them an advantage going in to the final game on Sunday.
Palmeros was fired up and emotions ran high from both sides of the field. The referees had their work cut out for them, as both teams played probably the most physical and heated game of the season.
Cards flew, tempers flaired and by the end of the game faces and jerseys were stained with mud from the week’s downpours.
In the end, despite a valliant effort from Palmers, Guerrero won the second game and took the Division one title.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge