Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 5, 2005
The season is over. After a wet spring, a hot summer and an intense playoff tournament this fall, the Columbia Gorge Soccer League played its final game of 2005 on Sunday afternoon in the rain and mud at Wy’east Middle School. The Division One title goes to Guerrero, with Palmers taking second.
The playoff tournament was intense and well-played. With emotions heated going into the finals, two teams remained undefeated. Guerrero and Palmeros.
The championship round was a two-game format. Guerrero won the first game by one goal, which gave them an advantage going in to the final game on Sunday.
Palmeros was fired up and emotions ran high from both sides of the field. The referees had their work cut out for them, as both teams played probably the most physical and heated game of the season.
Cards flew, tempers flaired and by the end of the game faces and jerseys were stained with mud from the week’s downpours.
In the end, despite a valliant effort from Palmers, Guerrero won the second game and took the Division one title.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge