Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 5, 2005
The season is over. After a wet spring, a hot summer and an intense playoff tournament this fall, the Columbia Gorge Soccer League played its final game of 2005 on Sunday afternoon in the rain and mud at Wy’east Middle School. The Division One title goes to Guerrero, with Palmers taking second.
The playoff tournament was intense and well-played. With emotions heated going into the finals, two teams remained undefeated. Guerrero and Palmeros.
The championship round was a two-game format. Guerrero won the first game by one goal, which gave them an advantage going in to the final game on Sunday.
Palmeros was fired up and emotions ran high from both sides of the field. The referees had their work cut out for them, as both teams played probably the most physical and heated game of the season.
Cards flew, tempers flaired and by the end of the game faces and jerseys were stained with mud from the week’s downpours.
In the end, despite a valliant effort from Palmers, Guerrero won the second game and took the Division one title.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge