Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 5, 2005
The Second Annual Apple Cup Speech and Debate Tournament will be Oct. 15, and judges are needed.
Advisor Regena Rafelson of Hood River Valley High Schol noted that the date conflicts with Harvest Fest and PSAT testing but hopes to find a few more helpers for the tournament.
Volunteers can judge a round or two at the tournament, which involves first year speakers.
“Your operational and postive comments on their ballots will help them to improve as speakers,” Rafelson said. “You will have a blast basking in their amazing energy, skill, and risk-taking.
Rafelson said judges will also be “pampered with tasty and healthy snacks.”
Volunteers may take a one-and-one half-hour judging slot beginning at 8:30 a.m. Individual events will be held in the morning; debate events involving pairs and groups will be in the afternoon. All event finals, if necessary, are at about 4:30 p.m.
To find out more, call Rafelson at the high school, 386-4500.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge