Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 5, 2005
The Second Annual Apple Cup Speech and Debate Tournament will be Oct. 15, and judges are needed.
Advisor Regena Rafelson of Hood River Valley High Schol noted that the date conflicts with Harvest Fest and PSAT testing but hopes to find a few more helpers for the tournament.
Volunteers can judge a round or two at the tournament, which involves first year speakers.
“Your operational and postive comments on their ballots will help them to improve as speakers,” Rafelson said. “You will have a blast basking in their amazing energy, skill, and risk-taking.
Rafelson said judges will also be “pampered with tasty and healthy snacks.”
Volunteers may take a one-and-one half-hour judging slot beginning at 8:30 a.m. Individual events will be held in the morning; debate events involving pairs and groups will be in the afternoon. All event finals, if necessary, are at about 4:30 p.m.
To find out more, call Rafelson at the high school, 386-4500.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge