Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 5, 2005
The Second Annual Apple Cup Speech and Debate Tournament will be Oct. 15, and judges are needed.
Advisor Regena Rafelson of Hood River Valley High Schol noted that the date conflicts with Harvest Fest and PSAT testing but hopes to find a few more helpers for the tournament.
Volunteers can judge a round or two at the tournament, which involves first year speakers.
“Your operational and postive comments on their ballots will help them to improve as speakers,” Rafelson said. “You will have a blast basking in their amazing energy, skill, and risk-taking.
Rafelson said judges will also be “pampered with tasty and healthy snacks.”
Volunteers may take a one-and-one half-hour judging slot beginning at 8:30 a.m. Individual events will be held in the morning; debate events involving pairs and groups will be in the afternoon. All event finals, if necessary, are at about 4:30 p.m.
To find out more, call Rafelson at the high school, 386-4500.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge