Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 5, 2005
The Second Annual Apple Cup Speech and Debate Tournament will be Oct. 15, and judges are needed.
Advisor Regena Rafelson of Hood River Valley High Schol noted that the date conflicts with Harvest Fest and PSAT testing but hopes to find a few more helpers for the tournament.
Volunteers can judge a round or two at the tournament, which involves first year speakers.
“Your operational and postive comments on their ballots will help them to improve as speakers,” Rafelson said. “You will have a blast basking in their amazing energy, skill, and risk-taking.
Rafelson said judges will also be “pampered with tasty and healthy snacks.”
Volunteers may take a one-and-one half-hour judging slot beginning at 8:30 a.m. Individual events will be held in the morning; debate events involving pairs and groups will be in the afternoon. All event finals, if necessary, are at about 4:30 p.m.
To find out more, call Rafelson at the high school, 386-4500.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge