Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
The fifth annual “Eat Dessert First” pie contest returns Saturday, with three $1,000 prizes for Best Apple Pie, Best Pear Pie and Best Baked Fruit Dessert.
The fourth annual event benefits Helping Hands Women’s Shelter. Pie slices will be sold after the contest, with proceeds for Helping Hands.
All fruit used in the contest must be grown in Hood River County. Entry is $10 per pie. Judging starts at 10 a.m. at 12th and Belmont.
Entry forms are available at Shortt Supply, 1414 12th St. on the Heights, or by calling 386-5474.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge