Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
The fifth annual “Eat Dessert First” pie contest returns Saturday, with three $1,000 prizes for Best Apple Pie, Best Pear Pie and Best Baked Fruit Dessert.
The fourth annual event benefits Helping Hands Women’s Shelter. Pie slices will be sold after the contest, with proceeds for Helping Hands.
All fruit used in the contest must be grown in Hood River County. Entry is $10 per pie. Judging starts at 10 a.m. at 12th and Belmont.
Entry forms are available at Shortt Supply, 1414 12th St. on the Heights, or by calling 386-5474.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge