Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
The fifth annual “Eat Dessert First” pie contest returns Saturday, with three $1,000 prizes for Best Apple Pie, Best Pear Pie and Best Baked Fruit Dessert.
The fourth annual event benefits Helping Hands Women’s Shelter. Pie slices will be sold after the contest, with proceeds for Helping Hands.
All fruit used in the contest must be grown in Hood River County. Entry is $10 per pie. Judging starts at 10 a.m. at 12th and Belmont.
Entry forms are available at Shortt Supply, 1414 12th St. on the Heights, or by calling 386-5474.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge