Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
The fifth annual “Eat Dessert First” pie contest returns Saturday, with three $1,000 prizes for Best Apple Pie, Best Pear Pie and Best Baked Fruit Dessert.
The fourth annual event benefits Helping Hands Women’s Shelter. Pie slices will be sold after the contest, with proceeds for Helping Hands.
All fruit used in the contest must be grown in Hood River County. Entry is $10 per pie. Judging starts at 10 a.m. at 12th and Belmont.
Entry forms are available at Shortt Supply, 1414 12th St. on the Heights, or by calling 386-5474.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge