Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 12, 2005
Scott Fitch was awarded the 2005 OSUEA Cooperators with less than 10 years of Service Award in Corvallis on Sept. 22. The award was presented to Fitch by Scott Reed, extension dean and director, and Ed Ray, OSU president.
Fitch began his volunteer career in the OSU Extension Service Master Gardener Program Columbia Gorge Chapter in 1998 after he retired as Hood River County Sanitarian. Scott focused on developing projects that would create an opportunity to share information with community members and other master gardeners.
Fitch received this award for his dedication and many hours of service to the OSU Master Gardener Program and for the development of the Compost Site at The Learning Garden.
When Fitch is asked how many hours he has volunteered to extend the outreach of the program, he will say “not too many,” but the staff at the Hood River Extension office knows differently.
When Fitch is involved with a project, the job will be completed. He communicates with the Extension Office personnel on all levels from project inception to completion, according to Master Gardener Program Director Elizabeth Daniel.
“Scott is available whenever there is a need. He good-naturedly, with a smile and a subtle joke, helps everyone with their projects,” Daniel said.
Fitch provides support to the program on many different levels from mentoring new master gardeners to testifying before the State Legislature on behalf of OSU Extension Service in 2005, according to Daniel.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge