Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
Tickets are on sale for the HRVHS musical production of “Seussical! The Musical.” Tickets will be available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and also at the door before shows. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children. Theatre parties of seven or more receive a dollar off ticket prices.
Showtimes are Nov. 4-6, Nov. 11-13 and Nov. 18-20 at 7 p.m. A 1:30 p.m. show is scheduled for Sundays.
Based on the beloved stories of Dr. Seuss, “Seussical” was penned by the Tony-award winning team of Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, who previously collaborated on “Ragtime.”
“Seussical” enjoyed a Broadway run in 2000, before touring the country twice. The musical brings together a host of Seuss characters, including Horton, The Cat in the Hat, Mayzie, the Sour Kangaroo, and the Wickersham brothers.
All in all, nearly a dozen Seuss books and stories are woven together. Just like his books, “Seussical” is entertaining for both children and their parents. Director Mark Steighner says that there are themes and ideas in “Seussical” that are as timely and affecting now as they were when written.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge