Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
Tickets are on sale for the HRVHS musical production of “Seussical! The Musical.” Tickets will be available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and also at the door before shows. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children. Theatre parties of seven or more receive a dollar off ticket prices.
Showtimes are Nov. 4-6, Nov. 11-13 and Nov. 18-20 at 7 p.m. A 1:30 p.m. show is scheduled for Sundays.
Based on the beloved stories of Dr. Seuss, “Seussical” was penned by the Tony-award winning team of Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, who previously collaborated on “Ragtime.”
“Seussical” enjoyed a Broadway run in 2000, before touring the country twice. The musical brings together a host of Seuss characters, including Horton, The Cat in the Hat, Mayzie, the Sour Kangaroo, and the Wickersham brothers.
All in all, nearly a dozen Seuss books and stories are woven together. Just like his books, “Seussical” is entertaining for both children and their parents. Director Mark Steighner says that there are themes and ideas in “Seussical” that are as timely and affecting now as they were when written.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge