Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
Tickets are on sale for the HRVHS musical production of “Seussical! The Musical.” Tickets will be available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and also at the door before shows. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children. Theatre parties of seven or more receive a dollar off ticket prices.
Showtimes are Nov. 4-6, Nov. 11-13 and Nov. 18-20 at 7 p.m. A 1:30 p.m. show is scheduled for Sundays.
Based on the beloved stories of Dr. Seuss, “Seussical” was penned by the Tony-award winning team of Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, who previously collaborated on “Ragtime.”
“Seussical” enjoyed a Broadway run in 2000, before touring the country twice. The musical brings together a host of Seuss characters, including Horton, The Cat in the Hat, Mayzie, the Sour Kangaroo, and the Wickersham brothers.
All in all, nearly a dozen Seuss books and stories are woven together. Just like his books, “Seussical” is entertaining for both children and their parents. Director Mark Steighner says that there are themes and ideas in “Seussical” that are as timely and affecting now as they were when written.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge