Wednesday, November 9, 2005
October 19, 2005
Tickets are on sale for the HRVHS musical production of “Seussical! The Musical.” Tickets will be available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and also at the door before shows. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children. Theatre parties of seven or more receive a dollar off ticket prices.
Showtimes are Nov. 4-6, Nov. 11-13 and Nov. 18-20 at 7 p.m. A 1:30 p.m. show is scheduled for Sundays.
Based on the beloved stories of Dr. Seuss, “Seussical” was penned by the Tony-award winning team of Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, who previously collaborated on “Ragtime.”
“Seussical” enjoyed a Broadway run in 2000, before touring the country twice. The musical brings together a host of Seuss characters, including Horton, The Cat in the Hat, Mayzie, the Sour Kangaroo, and the Wickersham brothers.
All in all, nearly a dozen Seuss books and stories are woven together. Just like his books, “Seussical” is entertaining for both children and their parents. Director Mark Steighner says that there are themes and ideas in “Seussical” that are as timely and affecting now as they were when written.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge