Thursday, November 10, 2005
October 29, 2005
Steven Betts is the newest Eagle Scout with Troop 741 of St. Mary’s Church.
Betts received the Eagle Badge at his Eagle Court of Honor on Sept. 15.
Betts had completed Cub Scouts with the Arrow of Light award, the highest award in Cub Scouts, seven years ago. He then joined Boy Scouts and methodically progressed through the ranks, Tenderfoot to Life Scout, according to Scoutmaster Larry Broschart.
Betts participated in backpacking Goat Rocks and the Wallowa Mountains, and snow camping at White River. He participated in Scouting for food, Goodwill Good turn clothing drives, and visiting the Care Center.
As Life Scout, Betts was elected Senior Patrol Leader (highest position in Scouts). He then completed his Eagle project and earned all 21 merit badges.
The Eagle project was to make a handicap access to the Indian Creek Trail. The access is located just south of the grandstand at Hood River Valley High School. Betts’ future plans are to attend Oregon State University.
More like this story
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
- Harvest Quilt fundraiser on now
- Kegler's Corner: Jeff Furlong stars at Orchard Lanes
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge