Friday, April 21, 2006
News staff writer
April 8, 2006
The 52nd annual Hood River Valley Blossom Festival celebrates the beginning of a new growing season for this agricultural area.
The festival is sponsored by the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce, with more than 28 different venues. Plenty of community events get into the act, hosting fund-raisers and special events on Saturday and Sunday, April 15 and 16.
Main events include the Blossom Craft Show at the fairgrounds, the Hood River Antique Expo, the Blossom Fest Quilt Show, Rasmussen Farms’ Pansy Party, Parkdale Grange Blossom Dinner, and special excursions onboard the Mount Hood Railroad.
New events this year include “Lavender Delights” at Hood River Lavender Farms near Odell, “Remembering Our Roots” Fruit Heritage Exhibit at the new Agriculture Heritage Museum in Pine Grove, and trunk show and book signing at Cascade Alpacas and Foothills Yarn and Fiber near Odell.
Valley Critters 4-H Club hosts the first “Tour de Coop,” a tour of chicken coops around the Hood River Valley, 1 to 4 p.m. Local businesses offer “coop-ons” to tour ticket buyers. Tickets are available at Tum-A-Lum Lumber, Hood River Supply, and Little Bit Ranch Supply on April 15.
Pine Grove Odell United Methodist women serve up their annual bake sale April 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The women will have a wide variety of Easter baked goods for sale. Proceeds will go to the church fund.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016