Sunday, April 30, 2006
News staff writer
April 15, 2006
In time for the busy spring and summer seasons, Indian Creek Golf Course has named Dennis Dolin their new Head Golf Professional.
Dolin, who became a Class-A member of the PGA of America in 1998, came most recently from a 12-year stretch of work at Portland’s historic Waverly Country Club.
“I am truly excited about the opportunity to work at such a beautiful golf course in Hood River,” Dolin said. “I plan on creating a wonderful golfing experience for golfers of all levels, from accomplished players to beginners and juniors. I also look forward to getting involved in the community in many ways other than golf.”
Among the accomplishments on the Harley-Davidson riding golfer’s resume is his notable reputation for exceptional customer service and teaching expertise. He was also instrumental in designing a special children’s course on the Waverley driving range known now as “the Wave.”
Dolin comes to town with his children Daniel, 10, and Nicole, 7.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge