Sunday, April 30, 2006
News staff writer
April 15, 2006
In time for the busy spring and summer seasons, Indian Creek Golf Course has named Dennis Dolin their new Head Golf Professional.
Dolin, who became a Class-A member of the PGA of America in 1998, came most recently from a 12-year stretch of work at Portland’s historic Waverly Country Club.
“I am truly excited about the opportunity to work at such a beautiful golf course in Hood River,” Dolin said. “I plan on creating a wonderful golfing experience for golfers of all levels, from accomplished players to beginners and juniors. I also look forward to getting involved in the community in many ways other than golf.”
Among the accomplishments on the Harley-Davidson riding golfer’s resume is his notable reputation for exceptional customer service and teaching expertise. He was also instrumental in designing a special children’s course on the Waverley driving range known now as “the Wave.”
Dolin comes to town with his children Daniel, 10, and Nicole, 7.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge