Thursday, August 17, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
August 9, 2006
Although the weather may not feel like it yet, the fall preps sports season is just around the corner. Back to school sales have started at the local stores and that means that it’s time for pre-season sports practices.
Football camp for 9-12th graders begins next week in preparation for twice a day practices the following week. Both boys and girls soccer will be holding camps next week.
The boys’ camp will go Aug. 14-17 from 5:30-7 p.m. at Westside elementary school with daily doubles starting Aug. 21 and going for two weeks from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. They will also be held at Westside Elementary.
Girls’ soccer also has a camp for high school girls next week, Aug. 15-18, from 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside Elementary.
Official soccer practice will be the following week, Aug. 21-25 from 9-11:30 a.m. also at Westside.
Volleyball will be holding its first official open gyms beginning Aug 14 and running all week from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
For parents of fall student-athletes there will be an informational meeting in the Bowe Theatre at HRVHS on Aug. 15 at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events