Thursday, August 17, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
August 9, 2006
Although the weather may not feel like it yet, the fall preps sports season is just around the corner. Back to school sales have started at the local stores and that means that it’s time for pre-season sports practices.
Football camp for 9-12th graders begins next week in preparation for twice a day practices the following week. Both boys and girls soccer will be holding camps next week.
The boys’ camp will go Aug. 14-17 from 5:30-7 p.m. at Westside elementary school with daily doubles starting Aug. 21 and going for two weeks from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. They will also be held at Westside Elementary.
Girls’ soccer also has a camp for high school girls next week, Aug. 15-18, from 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside Elementary.
Official soccer practice will be the following week, Aug. 21-25 from 9-11:30 a.m. also at Westside.
Volleyball will be holding its first official open gyms beginning Aug 14 and running all week from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
For parents of fall student-athletes there will be an informational meeting in the Bowe Theatre at HRVHS on Aug. 15 at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge