Thursday, August 17, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
August 9, 2006
Although the weather may not feel like it yet, the fall preps sports season is just around the corner. Back to school sales have started at the local stores and that means that it’s time for pre-season sports practices.
Football camp for 9-12th graders begins next week in preparation for twice a day practices the following week. Both boys and girls soccer will be holding camps next week.
The boys’ camp will go Aug. 14-17 from 5:30-7 p.m. at Westside elementary school with daily doubles starting Aug. 21 and going for two weeks from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. They will also be held at Westside Elementary.
Girls’ soccer also has a camp for high school girls next week, Aug. 15-18, from 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside Elementary.
Official soccer practice will be the following week, Aug. 21-25 from 9-11:30 a.m. also at Westside.
Volleyball will be holding its first official open gyms beginning Aug 14 and running all week from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
For parents of fall student-athletes there will be an informational meeting in the Bowe Theatre at HRVHS on Aug. 15 at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge