Thursday, August 17, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
August 9, 2006
Although the weather may not feel like it yet, the fall preps sports season is just around the corner. Back to school sales have started at the local stores and that means that it’s time for pre-season sports practices.
Football camp for 9-12th graders begins next week in preparation for twice a day practices the following week. Both boys and girls soccer will be holding camps next week.
The boys’ camp will go Aug. 14-17 from 5:30-7 p.m. at Westside elementary school with daily doubles starting Aug. 21 and going for two weeks from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. They will also be held at Westside Elementary.
Girls’ soccer also has a camp for high school girls next week, Aug. 15-18, from 9-11:30 a.m. at Westside Elementary.
Official soccer practice will be the following week, Aug. 21-25 from 9-11:30 a.m. also at Westside.
Volleyball will be holding its first official open gyms beginning Aug 14 and running all week from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
For parents of fall student-athletes there will be an informational meeting in the Bowe Theatre at HRVHS on Aug. 15 at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge