Thursday, August 17, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
July 29, 2006
The Lady Eagles 3-on-3 basketball team took on all comers, including a men’s squad, to win its division at the July Madness 3 on 3 tournament in Sandy last Saturday.
The team of Rachel Perry, Rachael Mallon and Audrey Mallon combined to compete in three games at the annual tournament.
In the first game the Lady Eagles had to play a high school men’s team due to the lack of ladies teams.
The male team, V-Unit, defeated the Lady Eagles, and eventually made its way to the finals.
In the second game the Lady Eagles took on the Average Joes, which came with four players, and used this to their advantage by substituting constantly to beat the scorching weekend heat. Even though they led most of the game, in the end the Lady Eagles could not hold off the Average Joes.
In their final game, the Lady Eagles matched up against a squad from Sandy High School, and were able to prevail to claim tournament honors.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge