Thursday, August 17, 2006
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
August 9, 2006
Hood River County Public Works Department hosts a household hazardous waste collection event Aug. 12, 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., at the public works yard at 918 18th St. in Hood River.
Hazardous wastes are products that have the words “caution,” “warning,” “danger” or “poison” on the labels.
On Saturday, bring:
* oil-based paints and stains
* septic field/drain cleaners, oven cleaners
* gasoline kerosene and other fuels
* pool and spa chemicals
* pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and poisons for home use
* antifreeze and other automotive fluids
* thinners and solvents
* household cleaners and disinfectants
* household batteries
* art and hobby chemicals
* aerosol spray products
* propane tanks or bottles from barbecue grills
* fluorescent lamps and ballasts
Do not bring latex paint or motor oil.
This event is for household waste only, not for agricultural or business-generated wastes. The program will begin accepting those wastes in February 2007.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016