Tuesday, August 29, 2006
News staff writer
August 19, 2006
Highway 35 will open intermittently beginning at 9 p.m. Aug. 17. A community meeting on the re-opening will be held at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 17 at the Mt. Hood Cultural Center & Museum in Government Camp.
There will be a community meeting in Parkdale at 4 p.m. at the Parkdale community center.
The schedule for the highway’s reopening will be:
From 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.: Public travel on Highway 35 will be allowed with restrictions. There will be no stopping along Highway 35 between Cooper Spur Road and the Forest Service Road 48 junction.
From 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.: Highway 35 will be closed to public traffic between Cooper Spur Road and Forest Service Road 48.
From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Pilot cars will shuttle traffic through the fire zone between Milepost 67 (Pocket Creek) and Milepost 71 ( north of Forest Service Road 44).
The road to Mt. Hood Meadows and Cloud Cap Inn/Tilly Jane will remain closed. However, the road up to Cooper Spur Inn at the roadblock is open.
As a result of this change, Forest Road 48 from Highway 35 to Wamic is open as well as those roads accessing Boulder Lake ( 4880 -120, 121, and 123), and Badger Lake (4860 from the 48 to the 48-140 including the trail to Boulder Lake).
All other road and trail closures will remain in effect until rescinded by the Mt. Hood National Forest.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge