Tuesday, August 29, 2006
News staff writer
August 19, 2006
Highway 35 will open intermittently beginning at 9 p.m. Aug. 17. A community meeting on the re-opening will be held at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 17 at the Mt. Hood Cultural Center & Museum in Government Camp.
There will be a community meeting in Parkdale at 4 p.m. at the Parkdale community center.
The schedule for the highway’s reopening will be:
From 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.: Public travel on Highway 35 will be allowed with restrictions. There will be no stopping along Highway 35 between Cooper Spur Road and the Forest Service Road 48 junction.
From 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.: Highway 35 will be closed to public traffic between Cooper Spur Road and Forest Service Road 48.
From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Pilot cars will shuttle traffic through the fire zone between Milepost 67 (Pocket Creek) and Milepost 71 ( north of Forest Service Road 44).
The road to Mt. Hood Meadows and Cloud Cap Inn/Tilly Jane will remain closed. However, the road up to Cooper Spur Inn at the roadblock is open.
As a result of this change, Forest Road 48 from Highway 35 to Wamic is open as well as those roads accessing Boulder Lake ( 4880 -120, 121, and 123), and Badger Lake (4860 from the 48 to the 48-140 including the trail to Boulder Lake).
All other road and trail closures will remain in effect until rescinded by the Mt. Hood National Forest.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events