Saturday, December 23, 2006
News staff writer
November 29, 2006
Community members are welcome to join Friday’s Christmas Parade, sponsored by the Hood River Downtown Business Association.
The parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony on Dec. 1 are part of First Friday, the arts and business open house series which ends for the season this week.
The holiday tradition starts with the parade on Oak Street, forming at 5 p.m., and ends with the Tree Lighting Ceremony at 6 p.m. at Overlook Memorial Park, located at Second and State streets.
The parade will begin on Oak and Fifth Street and travel down Oak Street to Front and right onto State Street, finishing at Overlook Memorial Park.
If you would you like to participate in the parade with music, entertainment, organized group marching, a float, classic autos or other parade entries, register by contacting Michele Sliwa, HRDBA coordinator, at (541) 490-0022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parade entrants must be registered with the HRDBA by Nov. 30.
The tree lighting ceremony will have live entertainment with music and dance by local Girl Scouts and a dance troupe.
Strolling caroling, hot chocolate and free gift-wrapping will be available at various locations.
Santa Claus will be in the parade and afterward he will be at G. Williker’s Toys for pictures and visits for all the children.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge