Saturday, December 23, 2006
News staff writer
November 29, 2006
Community members are welcome to join Friday’s Christmas Parade, sponsored by the Hood River Downtown Business Association.
The parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony on Dec. 1 are part of First Friday, the arts and business open house series which ends for the season this week.
The holiday tradition starts with the parade on Oak Street, forming at 5 p.m., and ends with the Tree Lighting Ceremony at 6 p.m. at Overlook Memorial Park, located at Second and State streets.
The parade will begin on Oak and Fifth Street and travel down Oak Street to Front and right onto State Street, finishing at Overlook Memorial Park.
If you would you like to participate in the parade with music, entertainment, organized group marching, a float, classic autos or other parade entries, register by contacting Michele Sliwa, HRDBA coordinator, at (541) 490-0022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parade entrants must be registered with the HRDBA by Nov. 30.
The tree lighting ceremony will have live entertainment with music and dance by local Girl Scouts and a dance troupe.
Strolling caroling, hot chocolate and free gift-wrapping will be available at various locations.
Santa Claus will be in the parade and afterward he will be at G. Williker’s Toys for pictures and visits for all the children.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge