Saturday, December 23, 2006
News staff writer
November 29, 2006
Community members are welcome to join Friday’s Christmas Parade, sponsored by the Hood River Downtown Business Association.
The parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony on Dec. 1 are part of First Friday, the arts and business open house series which ends for the season this week.
The holiday tradition starts with the parade on Oak Street, forming at 5 p.m., and ends with the Tree Lighting Ceremony at 6 p.m. at Overlook Memorial Park, located at Second and State streets.
The parade will begin on Oak and Fifth Street and travel down Oak Street to Front and right onto State Street, finishing at Overlook Memorial Park.
If you would you like to participate in the parade with music, entertainment, organized group marching, a float, classic autos or other parade entries, register by contacting Michele Sliwa, HRDBA coordinator, at (541) 490-0022 or email@example.com.
Parade entrants must be registered with the HRDBA by Nov. 30.
The tree lighting ceremony will have live entertainment with music and dance by local Girl Scouts and a dance troupe.
Strolling caroling, hot chocolate and free gift-wrapping will be available at various locations.
Santa Claus will be in the parade and afterward he will be at G. Williker’s Toys for pictures and visits for all the children.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge