Saturday, December 23, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
November 22, 2006
The Washington team turned the Nike Border Clash into the Border Crush this past weekend.
Washington runners made up eight of the top 10 finishers on the girls’ side and won the event 70-196.
Hood River Valley’s Erin Jones finished 63rd overall, 28th out of Oregon runners with a time of 18:18.76 and 6:41.9 per mile average at the Nike Campus in Beaverton.
Her time was up from a 17:46.26 from last year, and unfortunately for the Oregon team times were up all around as the score was the most lopsided result in the event’s history.
Stephanie Marcy of the Washington team won the event with a time of 16.24.55, while Max O’Donoghue-McDonald won the event on the boys’ side for the Washington team.
Washington won the boys’ side as well, with a score of 55-272, also the most one-sided victory in the history of the event.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda