Saturday, December 23, 2006
News staff writer
November 29, 2006
The Hood River Valley Adult Center has announced that it is prepared to start providing Meals on Wheels service in Cascade Locks on Dec. 1.
Delivery will begin as soon as a minimum 30 daily meals have been ordered and drivers have been identified.
The center is partnering with Cascade Locks Community Church to establish routes throughout the town to provide hot, nutritious meals on a daily basis to seniors and/or persons with disabilities. The meals are designed to meet at least one-third of the daily nutritional requirements of older adults as outlined by the National Council on Aging. The center also is able to provide a diabetic option.
The Adult Center receives no funding from any local, state, or federal government agencies and relies solely on the nominal cost of $3 per meal, fund raising, and donations from the community.
Donations toward helping the seniors of Cascade Locks can be sent to: Hood River Senior Citizens Inc., 2010 Sterling Place, Hood River, OR 97031.
Please indicate your donation is for Cascade Locks and all funds will be reserved for the needy there. To further assist the Adult Center with this endeavor, a weekly rummage sale will be held on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The location is Meals on Wheels Rummage Sale, 110 S.W. WaNaPa, #2, in Cascade Locks. For meals program signup or to volunteer, call the Adult Center at 386-2060.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge