Saturday, December 23, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
November 25, 2006
Dozens of hearty souls braved the chilly Thanksgiving weather to take part in the Mosier Turkey Trot on Thursday morning.
Sarah Ferrar of The Dalles won the female side of the 5K in 16 minutes in addition to being the first overall finisher.
The 10K winner was Den Menard, who finished the course in 36 minutes.
On the female side 10K, Hood River’s Judith Duffy was the winner, finishing in second place overall behind Menard.
While he may not have finished in first place, Ben Iremonger had an interesting run around the course.
Originally intending to run the 5K, Iremonger missed the turnaround and ended up running the 10K race and finished as the second male to cross the finish line.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge