Saturday, December 23, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
November 25, 2006
Dozens of hearty souls braved the chilly Thanksgiving weather to take part in the Mosier Turkey Trot on Thursday morning.
Sarah Ferrar of The Dalles won the female side of the 5K in 16 minutes in addition to being the first overall finisher.
The 10K winner was Den Menard, who finished the course in 36 minutes.
On the female side 10K, Hood River’s Judith Duffy was the winner, finishing in second place overall behind Menard.
While he may not have finished in first place, Ben Iremonger had an interesting run around the course.
Originally intending to run the 5K, Iremonger missed the turnaround and ended up running the 10K race and finished as the second male to cross the finish line.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge