Saturday, December 23, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
November 25, 2006
Dozens of hearty souls braved the chilly Thanksgiving weather to take part in the Mosier Turkey Trot on Thursday morning.
Sarah Ferrar of The Dalles won the female side of the 5K in 16 minutes in addition to being the first overall finisher.
The 10K winner was Den Menard, who finished the course in 36 minutes.
On the female side 10K, Hood River’s Judith Duffy was the winner, finishing in second place overall behind Menard.
While he may not have finished in first place, Ben Iremonger had an interesting run around the course.
Originally intending to run the 5K, Iremonger missed the turnaround and ended up running the 10K race and finished as the second male to cross the finish line.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge