Saturday, December 23, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
November 25, 2006
Dozens of hearty souls braved the chilly Thanksgiving weather to take part in the Mosier Turkey Trot on Thursday morning.
Sarah Ferrar of The Dalles won the female side of the 5K in 16 minutes in addition to being the first overall finisher.
The 10K winner was Den Menard, who finished the course in 36 minutes.
On the female side 10K, Hood River’s Judith Duffy was the winner, finishing in second place overall behind Menard.
While he may not have finished in first place, Ben Iremonger had an interesting run around the course.
Originally intending to run the 5K, Iremonger missed the turnaround and ended up running the 10K race and finished as the second male to cross the finish line.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge