Saturday, December 23, 2006
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
November 25, 2006
Dozens of hearty souls braved the chilly Thanksgiving weather to take part in the Mosier Turkey Trot on Thursday morning.
Sarah Ferrar of The Dalles won the female side of the 5K in 16 minutes in addition to being the first overall finisher.
The 10K winner was Den Menard, who finished the course in 36 minutes.
On the female side 10K, Hood River’s Judith Duffy was the winner, finishing in second place overall behind Menard.
While he may not have finished in first place, Ben Iremonger had an interesting run around the course.
Originally intending to run the 5K, Iremonger missed the turnaround and ended up running the 10K race and finished as the second male to cross the finish line.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge