Thursday, December 28, 2006
News staff writer
December 9, 2006
Horizon 77 Southwest Christian 37
Bobby Cofrances scored 28 points and Cameron Root finished with 23 to lead the Hawks to rout of Southwest Christian on Tuesday. Of Cofrances’ 28 points, 21 of them came on three pointers, while Root scored 16 of his points in the second half. Coach Ron Haynes credited his team’s defense for stepping up and controlling the game. Jake Johnson added nine points and Adam Ohlson added 7 for the Hawks.
Madras 83 Hood River Valley 69
Madras used an effective press to for the Eagles into turnover, and a Hood River comeback fell short when the Eagles ran out of gas at the end of the game. “We just were not ready for their press, Coach Zach Pauls said.
K.C Christensen kept the Eagles in the game with 27 points, while Jon Ing pitched in with 21. Seth Amaral added 9 and Jordan Fogle 8 points for the Eagles.
Dallas 64 Hood River Valley 47
The Eagles rallied late to cut a Dalles lead to 5 points, but could not get over the hump as they fell to Dallas on Tuesday. Hood River players shot less than 50 percent from the free line, and wore down under an aggressive Dallas defense. Meredith Danko lead the Eagles with 25 points, while Audrey Mallon added 7 and Melissa Bramlett had 6 points.
Southwest Christian 50 Horizon 17
Southwest Christian used its three players over 5’10” to dominate the inside game in a victory over Horizon on Tuesday. Horizon had no one to match the height of its opponents, a bitterexperience that Hawks will hope to learn from. “We used it as a learning experience as we know we will be facing more tall teams in conference play,” Coach Amanda Bellus said.
Larua Yates led the Hawks with 6 points, while Hannah Frost added 4 points and Jacque Mellow scored 3 points.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge