Tuesday, February 21, 2006
News staff writer
February 4, 2006
Government leaders and community members will celebrate a historic moment on Monday.
The Port of Hood River will hand off the deed to six acres along the waterfront to the City of Hood River. The event takes place at 10:30 a.m. either at the park or, if raining, in the atrium of the Expo Center.
The port’s $1.7 million land donation will pave the way for the public park demanded by citizen activists during the past two decades.
On Wednesday the Park Development Committee will host an open house to unveil three possible park plans. The design team of GreenWorks, Inc., will reveal their interpretations of the PDC “vision” from 7 to 9 p.m. in the ballroom of the Hood River Hotel.
The same presentation will be take place from 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday in the library of Wy’east Middle School in Odell.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge