Tuesday, February 21, 2006
News staff writer
February 4, 2006
Government leaders and community members will celebrate a historic moment on Monday.
The Port of Hood River will hand off the deed to six acres along the waterfront to the City of Hood River. The event takes place at 10:30 a.m. either at the park or, if raining, in the atrium of the Expo Center.
The port’s $1.7 million land donation will pave the way for the public park demanded by citizen activists during the past two decades.
On Wednesday the Park Development Committee will host an open house to unveil three possible park plans. The design team of GreenWorks, Inc., will reveal their interpretations of the PDC “vision” from 7 to 9 p.m. in the ballroom of the Hood River Hotel.
The same presentation will be take place from 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday in the library of Wy’east Middle School in Odell.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays