Tuesday, February 21, 2006
News staff writer
February 4, 2006
Government leaders and community members will celebrate a historic moment on Monday.
The Port of Hood River will hand off the deed to six acres along the waterfront to the City of Hood River. The event takes place at 10:30 a.m. either at the park or, if raining, in the atrium of the Expo Center.
The port’s $1.7 million land donation will pave the way for the public park demanded by citizen activists during the past two decades.
On Wednesday the Park Development Committee will host an open house to unveil three possible park plans. The design team of GreenWorks, Inc., will reveal their interpretations of the PDC “vision” from 7 to 9 p.m. in the ballroom of the Hood River Hotel.
The same presentation will be take place from 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday in the library of Wy’east Middle School in Odell.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge