Monday, January 16, 2006
December 24, 2005
Cooper Spur Race Team Cooper Camp
The Cooper Spur Race Team still has openings for the annual Cooper Camp, scheduled this year for Dec. 27-31 at the Cooper Spur Ski Resort. The five-day camp is designed as an introduction to ski racing, geared for kids ages 5-18. The camp will end with a fun Cooper Cup race on the last day. For more information or to sign up, visit: www.cooperspurraceteam.org
HRVHS Sports Insider
HRVHS Athletic Director Phil Vesel is starting an e-mail list called the HRV Sports Insider. Members on the list will receive, via e-mail, sports information and the school’s monthly athletic newsletter. The e-mail list will be used to build a communication network with the sport community keep in touch and up to date with local athletics. To subscribe, e-mail Vesel at: email@example.com
Eagles hosting free shooting clinic
HRVHS varsity basketball coach Phil Vesel, along with his staff and players, is putting on a free basketball shooting clinic for boys and girls in 4th through 8th grade. The staff invites kids of all skill levels to spend an afternoon having fun and improving your skills while getting to know the HRVHS varsity basketball players. No registration is necessary. The clinic will be on Dec. 30, from 1-3:30 p.m. in the HRVHS gym.
Community Education 3-on-3 hoops
Hood River Community Education’s 3-on-3 mens basketball league starts in early January and there are currently openings for a few more teams. Games are played Tuesday nights at Wy’east Middle School during from Jan. -March, with the first games on Jan. 10. Each team, which must consist of a minimum of four players, plays two games per night and games are played on half court. The league fee is $50 per team. To register, e-mail Mike Schend at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax information to 386-7198.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge