Tuesday, January 31, 2006
January 14, 2006
A Markham Road woman was sexually assaulted early Thursday morning by a male suspect who then fled from her property on foot.
The Hood River County Sheriff’s Office is asking for public help to find the man who was dressed in dark-colored rain gear.
Detective Gerry Tiffany wants female residents in and around the city to take extra security precautions until the culprit has been arrested.
“We just need people to be very watchful until we get a lead on this guy,” he said.
According to Tiffany, the crime occurred shortly after 5:30 a.m. on Jan. 12. The victim, whose husband had just left for work, went outside to investigate why her dog was barking. A man with his face hidden by a drawn hood was outside the home and attacked her.
Tiffany said the suspect then escaped down the road. He wants anyone who saw a male about 5-feet 9-inches tall and weighing about 190 pounds in the area about that time of day to give him a call at 387-6841. He said the vehicle of the suspect might also have been parked in an unusual place and that, also, should be reported.
“If you saw anything out of the ordinary that day then please give us a call,” he said.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge