Tuesday, January 31, 2006
January 14, 2006
A Markham Road woman was sexually assaulted early Thursday morning by a male suspect who then fled from her property on foot.
The Hood River County Sheriff’s Office is asking for public help to find the man who was dressed in dark-colored rain gear.
Detective Gerry Tiffany wants female residents in and around the city to take extra security precautions until the culprit has been arrested.
“We just need people to be very watchful until we get a lead on this guy,” he said.
According to Tiffany, the crime occurred shortly after 5:30 a.m. on Jan. 12. The victim, whose husband had just left for work, went outside to investigate why her dog was barking. A man with his face hidden by a drawn hood was outside the home and attacked her.
Tiffany said the suspect then escaped down the road. He wants anyone who saw a male about 5-feet 9-inches tall and weighing about 190 pounds in the area about that time of day to give him a call at 387-6841. He said the vehicle of the suspect might also have been parked in an unusual place and that, also, should be reported.
“If you saw anything out of the ordinary that day then please give us a call,” he said.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge