Tuesday, January 31, 2006
January 14, 2006
A Markham Road woman was sexually assaulted early Thursday morning by a male suspect who then fled from her property on foot.
The Hood River County Sheriff’s Office is asking for public help to find the man who was dressed in dark-colored rain gear.
Detective Gerry Tiffany wants female residents in and around the city to take extra security precautions until the culprit has been arrested.
“We just need people to be very watchful until we get a lead on this guy,” he said.
According to Tiffany, the crime occurred shortly after 5:30 a.m. on Jan. 12. The victim, whose husband had just left for work, went outside to investigate why her dog was barking. A man with his face hidden by a drawn hood was outside the home and attacked her.
Tiffany said the suspect then escaped down the road. He wants anyone who saw a male about 5-feet 9-inches tall and weighing about 190 pounds in the area about that time of day to give him a call at 387-6841. He said the vehicle of the suspect might also have been parked in an unusual place and that, also, should be reported.
“If you saw anything out of the ordinary that day then please give us a call,” he said.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge