Tuesday, January 31, 2006
January 14, 2006
A Markham Road woman was sexually assaulted early Thursday morning by a male suspect who then fled from her property on foot.
The Hood River County Sheriff’s Office is asking for public help to find the man who was dressed in dark-colored rain gear.
Detective Gerry Tiffany wants female residents in and around the city to take extra security precautions until the culprit has been arrested.
“We just need people to be very watchful until we get a lead on this guy,” he said.
According to Tiffany, the crime occurred shortly after 5:30 a.m. on Jan. 12. The victim, whose husband had just left for work, went outside to investigate why her dog was barking. A man with his face hidden by a drawn hood was outside the home and attacked her.
Tiffany said the suspect then escaped down the road. He wants anyone who saw a male about 5-feet 9-inches tall and weighing about 190 pounds in the area about that time of day to give him a call at 387-6841. He said the vehicle of the suspect might also have been parked in an unusual place and that, also, should be reported.
“If you saw anything out of the ordinary that day then please give us a call,” he said.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge