Tuesday, January 31, 2006
January 21, 2006
Free throw contest on Sunday
The free throw contest for boys and girls 10-14 years old is set for Sunday, from 1-3 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School. No pre-registration is necessary and district winners get a chance to compete in the state contest in March. Participants are asked to bring proof of age with them.
HRV hitting clinic this weekend
The HRVHS baseball staff will host two hitting camps in the next two months. The camps, which will focus on the fundamentals of hitting, will be divided into three age groups. The dates are set for Saturday, Jan. 21 and Saturday, Feb. 18. Fee for the camps will be $15 each or $25 for both. For more information or to register, contact coach Craig Webster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Traveling baseball team tryouts
Tryouts for the 2006 10-year-old traveling baseball team are scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 22. They will be from 3-5 p.m. at the new Hood River Lions hitting facility located at the HRVHS baseball field. For more information, call 490-2795.
Teacup Classic coming soon
The Teacup Classic Nordic race is scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 29. The race is a Classic format (no skating), starting at the Teacup Lake Snow Park. Start time is set for 10:30 a.m., with interval starts. Entry forms can be downloaded from www.teacupnordic.org Day-of registration must be before 10 a.m.
Boys’ basketball blown out
The HRVHS varsity boys took a 53-39 beating this week from top-notch Redmond High School The junior varsity boys lost 72-24. Varsity scoring leaders were KC Christensen with 10 points and Juan Zuniga with nine. For the JV, Adam Williams had 12 points and Logan Davis four.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge