Tuesday, January 31, 2006
January 18, 2006
Hood River County Chamber of Commerce Small Business Showcase returns Thursday, March 2, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Hood River Valley Adult Center, 2010 Sterling Place.
The event is one of the most successful and well attended of the Chamber’s monthly networking opportunities.
Registration is $75 and is open to Chamber members. Participating businesses may set up and decorate a booth, demonstrate and offer samples of their products/services and donate a door prize for the Business After Hours business card drawing, conducted at the booth of each business.
Space is limited to the first 25 entries. The Chamber Ambassadors invite interested businesses to register early to ensure a table.
To reserve your space, contact Mike Doke at (541) 386-5116 by Feb. 16. Phone (541) 386-2000, fax (541) 386-2057 or go to:
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge