Tuesday, January 31, 2006
January 18, 2006
Hood River County Chamber of Commerce Small Business Showcase returns Thursday, March 2, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Hood River Valley Adult Center, 2010 Sterling Place.
The event is one of the most successful and well attended of the Chamber’s monthly networking opportunities.
Registration is $75 and is open to Chamber members. Participating businesses may set up and decorate a booth, demonstrate and offer samples of their products/services and donate a door prize for the Business After Hours business card drawing, conducted at the booth of each business.
Space is limited to the first 25 entries. The Chamber Ambassadors invite interested businesses to register early to ensure a table.
To reserve your space, contact Mike Doke at (541) 386-5116 by Feb. 16. Phone (541) 386-2000, fax (541) 386-2057 or go to:
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge