Tuesday, July 25, 2006
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
July 12, 2006
Sen. Rick Metsger is inviting Hood River County residents to “Get the Scoop” on his campaign platform Wednesday afternoon at Mike’s Ice Cream shop.
Metsger, who is seeking re-election to the District 26 seat, will arrive at 2 p.m. with his own stump. The tree base that weighs about 250 pounds even has his name carved into the wood grain.
He plans to use the traditional platform to unveil a “no waffling” agenda for future legislation.
“I am going to give specifics on issues that I believe will improve the quality of life for Oregonians,” said Metsger.
He also plans to provide historical background about the origin of the stump speeches – most given from stationary platforms.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge