Tuesday, July 25, 2006
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
July 12, 2006
Sen. Rick Metsger is inviting Hood River County residents to “Get the Scoop” on his campaign platform Wednesday afternoon at Mike’s Ice Cream shop.
Metsger, who is seeking re-election to the District 26 seat, will arrive at 2 p.m. with his own stump. The tree base that weighs about 250 pounds even has his name carved into the wood grain.
He plans to use the traditional platform to unveil a “no waffling” agenda for future legislation.
“I am going to give specifics on issues that I believe will improve the quality of life for Oregonians,” said Metsger.
He also plans to provide historical background about the origin of the stump speeches – most given from stationary platforms.
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge