Tuesday, July 25, 2006
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
July 12, 2006
Sen. Rick Metsger is inviting Hood River County residents to “Get the Scoop” on his campaign platform Wednesday afternoon at Mike’s Ice Cream shop.
Metsger, who is seeking re-election to the District 26 seat, will arrive at 2 p.m. with his own stump. The tree base that weighs about 250 pounds even has his name carved into the wood grain.
He plans to use the traditional platform to unveil a “no waffling” agenda for future legislation.
“I am going to give specifics on issues that I believe will improve the quality of life for Oregonians,” said Metsger.
He also plans to provide historical background about the origin of the stump speeches – most given from stationary platforms.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge