Tuesday, July 25, 2006
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
July 12, 2006
The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life returns Saturday for its 10th year, and set-up will begin at 7 a.m. on the football field at Hood River Valley High School. Registration opens at 8 a.m., and at 9 the team captains will meet in the covered grandstands.
At 10 a.m., Boy Scouts will hold a flag ceremony, followed by the opening ceremony with speaker Susan Princehouse.
The Survivor Lap begins at 10:30 a.m., with a reception/lunch following for the participants.
Other activities throughout the day will include a silent auction of the team baskets (11 a.m.-2 p.m.), Locks of Love hair cutting (noon), children’s activities (1-4 p.m.), water slide (1-5 p.m.), an ice cream social (3 p.m.), scavenger hunt (5:30-6:30 p.m.), luminaria ceremony (10 p.m.), and pajama contest (11:30 p.m.).
Campsites will be judged on either of two themes: “Cat and the Hat” or cancer. Winners will be announced at 4 p.m.
A Relay Store will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Luminaria sales will begin at 11 a.m. and continue until 9 p.m.
Lunch will be available from Sub Shop #15 beginning at 11:30 a.m. for a charge of $6. Juanita’s will provide a Mexican dinner at 6:30 p.m. for the same price.
The event will continue through Sunday morning with a 6 a.m. breakfast and final lap by all participants at 8:30 a.m., followed by the closing ceremony.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge