Tuesday, June 20, 2006
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
June 3, 2006
Hood River County Drug Court was founded last August to blend substance abuse treatment with judicial oversight.
“The driving principal behind it is recognizing that the root of most criminal activity is drug or alcohol abuse. And one of the best ways to protect the community is to deal with the root of the problem,” said Judge Paul Crowley, who is joined at the decision-making table by law enforcement and social service officials.
See June 7 for further details on Drug Court.
The Trials of Addiction
RaeLynn Ricarte’s series on addicts and their path through Drug Court toward recovery will continue over the next two issues:
June 7 —
* About Drug Court;
* Regression and separation
June 10 —
* The realities of addiction
More like this story
- ‘Real tough love’ Drug Court tries to reach the root of abuse
- The Trials of Addiction Part 2 Meth addicts take two steps forward and one step back
- Forum: Meth overwhelms users and the system
- The Trials of Addiction Last of 3 Parts Drug Court clients strive to stay the clean course
- On Monday, expert arms citizens for meth battle
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge