Friday, March 3, 2006
News staff writer
February 18, 2006
The public is invited to a public meeting in Mt. Hood on Feb. 23. Here are details:
When: 7 to 9 p.m.
Where: Mt. Hood Towne Hall, 6575 Highway 35.
Why: Learn more about a project to plan for the future of the Mt. Hood area.
The county is updating zoning and other regulations for a rural community plan for Mt. Hood, addressing a community boundary; land use planning requirements; public facility capabilities, and standards for future public improvements such as road, water and sewer facilities.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge