Friday, March 3, 2006
News staff writer
February 15, 2006
Hood River News is planning the 2006 Panorama special section, as part of the April 12 edition.
This year we ask the community’s responses for two features:
* What would you write about the Gorge on a postcard to a loved one, in 50 words or less? Also, add what would be on the picture side.
(Please note: no advertisements, and entries are subject to editing.)
Send entries, with name, hometown, and daytime phone number to: “Panorama Postcards,” P.O. Box 390, Hood River, or e-mail them to: email@example.com
* “My Favorite Photo of the Gorge” returns: Bring us a quality resolution print or digital image (dpi 300-500, five-by-seven inches).
E-mail images to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to Christian Knight, P.O. Box 390, Hood River.
Add a brief description of the image and what went into capturing it.
Deadline for both is March 8.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge