Wednesday, March 15, 2006
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
March 1, 2006
Lift span maintenance work will create a two-hour early morning closure of Hood River Interstate Bridge this Friday, March 3. The bridge will be closed to all traffic from 3 a.m. until 5 a.m.
The lift span will be elevated throughout the short maintenance project, preventing any traffic from crossing the bridge.
The Port will make every effort to keep the closure as short as possible.
For more details, contact the Port of Hood River at (541) 386-1645, or visit: portofhoodriver.com
More like this story
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
- County sets temporary rules on marijuana grows
- Puff Factory to break ground in Odell
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge