Wednesday, March 15, 2006
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
March 1, 2006
Lift span maintenance work will create a two-hour early morning closure of Hood River Interstate Bridge this Friday, March 3. The bridge will be closed to all traffic from 3 a.m. until 5 a.m.
The lift span will be elevated throughout the short maintenance project, preventing any traffic from crossing the bridge.
The Port will make every effort to keep the closure as short as possible.
For more details, contact the Port of Hood River at (541) 386-1645, or visit: portofhoodriver.com
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge