Wednesday, March 15, 2006
By ADAM LAPIERRE
News staff writer
March 4, 2006
For most wrestlers, the end of the season is cause for a massive sigh and a week or so of relaxing afternoons before moving on to the next item the long list of any student athlete, which may or may not include freestyle and Greco training. Hood River Valley High School senior Jose Ramirez will have two such sighs this year, as his collegiate season has been prolonged for another couple of weeks after his appearance at the state meet two weeks ago.
Ramirez, who recently finished as the 112 pound Intermountain Conference district champion, was named this week to the Oregon All-Star Wrestling Team, which will face the Californian All-Star Team in a dual at Southern Oregon University on March 11.
The Oregon All-Star Team is made up of the top senior wrestlers from across the state in each weight class. Ramirez was selected for the team by Harry Mondale of Phoenix High School in Southern Oregon.
“As a coach, I am really proud of Jose,” said HRVHS varsity wrestling coach Rich Polkinghorn. “It is a huge honor to be selected among the best high school seniors in the state. This is a great honor for Jose and for Hood River Valley Wrestling.”
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge