Saturday, March 25, 2006
By ADAM LAPIERRE
News staff writer
March 11, 2006
A gym full of sweaty, hairy men on a rainy Tuesday night might not seem like much excitement. When, however, those men play every point of every game with all the enthusiasm and aggression of most high school basketball games, watching the action from the stats is actually quite entertaining.
And that is the case with this year’s Community Education men’s 3-3 league.
With each of the league’s eight teams playing three games a night and battling for league positioning going into the playoff tournament two weeks away, some of the games are, as expected, intense, physical and hard fought. Other games have more comical entertainment value, like, for example, watching old-guy teams beat up on the young bucks.
The regular season will last two more weeks, with each team playing six more games before the playoffs. The final tourney of the season will be a double-elimination format, played over two weeks to decide this season’s top-dogs.
Games are played every Tuesday, from 7 -9 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School.
Week six league standings:
Morgan Paint 13-5
Casta Ways 9-9
Bone Ditch 9-9
Black Hawks 8-10
Rusty Nuts 2-16
More like this story
- Sports Briefs for July 27
- Service announcements for July 27: Ada Redlock, Douglas Warnock, Betty Akiyama and Virginia Phillips
- Death notice for July 27: Scott Bauer
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge