Saturday, March 25, 2006
By ADAM LAPIERRE
News staff writer
March 11, 2006
A gym full of sweaty, hairy men on a rainy Tuesday night might not seem like much excitement. When, however, those men play every point of every game with all the enthusiasm and aggression of most high school basketball games, watching the action from the stats is actually quite entertaining.
And that is the case with this year’s Community Education men’s 3-3 league.
With each of the league’s eight teams playing three games a night and battling for league positioning going into the playoff tournament two weeks away, some of the games are, as expected, intense, physical and hard fought. Other games have more comical entertainment value, like, for example, watching old-guy teams beat up on the young bucks.
The regular season will last two more weeks, with each team playing six more games before the playoffs. The final tourney of the season will be a double-elimination format, played over two weeks to decide this season’s top-dogs.
Games are played every Tuesday, from 7 -9 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School.
Week six league standings:
Morgan Paint 13-5
Casta Ways 9-9
Bone Ditch 9-9
Black Hawks 8-10
Rusty Nuts 2-16
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge