Saturday, March 25, 2006
By ADAM LAPIERRE
News staff writer
March 11, 2006
A gym full of sweaty, hairy men on a rainy Tuesday night might not seem like much excitement. When, however, those men play every point of every game with all the enthusiasm and aggression of most high school basketball games, watching the action from the stats is actually quite entertaining.
And that is the case with this year’s Community Education men’s 3-3 league.
With each of the league’s eight teams playing three games a night and battling for league positioning going into the playoff tournament two weeks away, some of the games are, as expected, intense, physical and hard fought. Other games have more comical entertainment value, like, for example, watching old-guy teams beat up on the young bucks.
The regular season will last two more weeks, with each team playing six more games before the playoffs. The final tourney of the season will be a double-elimination format, played over two weeks to decide this season’s top-dogs.
Games are played every Tuesday, from 7 -9 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School.
Week six league standings:
Morgan Paint 13-5
Casta Ways 9-9
Bone Ditch 9-9
Black Hawks 8-10
Rusty Nuts 2-16
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge