Saturday, March 25, 2006
By ADAM LAPIERRE
News staff writer
March 11, 2006
A gym full of sweaty, hairy men on a rainy Tuesday night might not seem like much excitement. When, however, those men play every point of every game with all the enthusiasm and aggression of most high school basketball games, watching the action from the stats is actually quite entertaining.
And that is the case with this year’s Community Education men’s 3-3 league.
With each of the league’s eight teams playing three games a night and battling for league positioning going into the playoff tournament two weeks away, some of the games are, as expected, intense, physical and hard fought. Other games have more comical entertainment value, like, for example, watching old-guy teams beat up on the young bucks.
The regular season will last two more weeks, with each team playing six more games before the playoffs. The final tourney of the season will be a double-elimination format, played over two weeks to decide this season’s top-dogs.
Games are played every Tuesday, from 7 -9 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School.
Week six league standings:
Morgan Paint 13-5
Casta Ways 9-9
Bone Ditch 9-9
Black Hawks 8-10
Rusty Nuts 2-16
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge