Monday, November 6, 2006
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
October 21, 2006
The Oregon Department of Transportation is hosting an informal open house meeting to discuss design work underway for bridge projects on Interstate 84 between Hood River and The Dalles.
The open house is Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Gorge Discovery Center, lower level classroom. The Discovery Center is located just west of The Dalles.
Participants will be able to meet ODOT’s consultant engineering team and discuss the design work underway and how it relates to the recently completed Gorge Design Guidelines. No formal presentation is planned; participants can drop in at any time.
The open house will feature preliminary designs for a group of bridge replacement, repair and interstate paving projects in The Dalles and Mosier Creek areas.
It is the first of four similar projects in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area that will improve the I-84 corridor from The Dalles to Troutdale. The projects are scheduled to begin construction in 2008. The project is part of ODOT’s 10-year, $3 billion Oregon Transportation Investment Act program.
More like this story
- Appeals Court court affirms Hood River denial of Walmart expansion
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge