Monday, November 6, 2006
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
October 21, 2006
The Oregon Department of Transportation is hosting an informal open house meeting to discuss design work underway for bridge projects on Interstate 84 between Hood River and The Dalles.
The open house is Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Gorge Discovery Center, lower level classroom. The Discovery Center is located just west of The Dalles.
Participants will be able to meet ODOT’s consultant engineering team and discuss the design work underway and how it relates to the recently completed Gorge Design Guidelines. No formal presentation is planned; participants can drop in at any time.
The open house will feature preliminary designs for a group of bridge replacement, repair and interstate paving projects in The Dalles and Mosier Creek areas.
It is the first of four similar projects in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area that will improve the I-84 corridor from The Dalles to Troutdale. The projects are scheduled to begin construction in 2008. The project is part of ODOT’s 10-year, $3 billion Oregon Transportation Investment Act program.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge