Monday, November 6, 2006
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
October 21, 2006
The Oregon Department of Transportation is hosting an informal open house meeting to discuss design work underway for bridge projects on Interstate 84 between Hood River and The Dalles.
The open house is Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Gorge Discovery Center, lower level classroom. The Discovery Center is located just west of The Dalles.
Participants will be able to meet ODOT’s consultant engineering team and discuss the design work underway and how it relates to the recently completed Gorge Design Guidelines. No formal presentation is planned; participants can drop in at any time.
The open house will feature preliminary designs for a group of bridge replacement, repair and interstate paving projects in The Dalles and Mosier Creek areas.
It is the first of four similar projects in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area that will improve the I-84 corridor from The Dalles to Troutdale. The projects are scheduled to begin construction in 2008. The project is part of ODOT’s 10-year, $3 billion Oregon Transportation Investment Act program.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge