Tuesday, February 6, 2007
News staff writer
January 17, 2007
The HRVHS ski team got another standout performance from its girls’ side on Saturday at the Ski Bowl in the team’s first Mount Hood Conference race of the season.
Kayla Lloyd led the girls to a first place overall finish with a first place finish of her own, as HRV placed eight skiers in the top 11 girls.
Claire Snelling finished third, while Ashley Kastner finished fourth, Morgan Nance fifth, Jessica Ostler eighth, Caley Melton ninth, Molly McCulloch 10th and Toby Carratt 11th for the Eagles.
The boys’ side did not have the same luck as their female counterparts, finishing fourth out of five teams.
Sam Mears led the boys with a fifth place finish, while Tyler Sassara finished 11th, Logan Merriam 24th, and Colton Swearingen 26th to lead the Eagles.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge