Tuesday, February 6, 2007
News staff writer
January 17, 2007
The HRVHS ski team got another standout performance from its girls’ side on Saturday at the Ski Bowl in the team’s first Mount Hood Conference race of the season.
Kayla Lloyd led the girls to a first place overall finish with a first place finish of her own, as HRV placed eight skiers in the top 11 girls.
Claire Snelling finished third, while Ashley Kastner finished fourth, Morgan Nance fifth, Jessica Ostler eighth, Caley Melton ninth, Molly McCulloch 10th and Toby Carratt 11th for the Eagles.
The boys’ side did not have the same luck as their female counterparts, finishing fourth out of five teams.
Sam Mears led the boys with a fifth place finish, while Tyler Sassara finished 11th, Logan Merriam 24th, and Colton Swearingen 26th to lead the Eagles.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge