Tuesday, February 6, 2007
News staff writer
January 17, 2007
The HRVHS ski team got another standout performance from its girls’ side on Saturday at the Ski Bowl in the team’s first Mount Hood Conference race of the season.
Kayla Lloyd led the girls to a first place overall finish with a first place finish of her own, as HRV placed eight skiers in the top 11 girls.
Claire Snelling finished third, while Ashley Kastner finished fourth, Morgan Nance fifth, Jessica Ostler eighth, Caley Melton ninth, Molly McCulloch 10th and Toby Carratt 11th for the Eagles.
The boys’ side did not have the same luck as their female counterparts, finishing fourth out of five teams.
Sam Mears led the boys with a fifth place finish, while Tyler Sassara finished 11th, Logan Merriam 24th, and Colton Swearingen 26th to lead the Eagles.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge