Tuesday, February 6, 2007
News staff writer
January 17, 2007
The HRVHS ski team got another standout performance from its girls’ side on Saturday at the Ski Bowl in the team’s first Mount Hood Conference race of the season.
Kayla Lloyd led the girls to a first place overall finish with a first place finish of her own, as HRV placed eight skiers in the top 11 girls.
Claire Snelling finished third, while Ashley Kastner finished fourth, Morgan Nance fifth, Jessica Ostler eighth, Caley Melton ninth, Molly McCulloch 10th and Toby Carratt 11th for the Eagles.
The boys’ side did not have the same luck as their female counterparts, finishing fourth out of five teams.
Sam Mears led the boys with a fifth place finish, while Tyler Sassara finished 11th, Logan Merriam 24th, and Colton Swearingen 26th to lead the Eagles.
More like this story
- Fire near Eagle Creek flares back up
- Service announcements for July 22:
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge