Tuesday, February 6, 2007
News staff writer
January 17, 2007
The HRVHS ski team got another standout performance from its girls’ side on Saturday at the Ski Bowl in the team’s first Mount Hood Conference race of the season.
Kayla Lloyd led the girls to a first place overall finish with a first place finish of her own, as HRV placed eight skiers in the top 11 girls.
Claire Snelling finished third, while Ashley Kastner finished fourth, Morgan Nance fifth, Jessica Ostler eighth, Caley Melton ninth, Molly McCulloch 10th and Toby Carratt 11th for the Eagles.
The boys’ side did not have the same luck as their female counterparts, finishing fourth out of five teams.
Sam Mears led the boys with a fifth place finish, while Tyler Sassara finished 11th, Logan Merriam 24th, and Colton Swearingen 26th to lead the Eagles.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge