Tuesday, February 6, 2007
News staff writer
January 17, 2007
The HRVHS ski team got another standout performance from its girls’ side on Saturday at the Ski Bowl in the team’s first Mount Hood Conference race of the season.
Kayla Lloyd led the girls to a first place overall finish with a first place finish of her own, as HRV placed eight skiers in the top 11 girls.
Claire Snelling finished third, while Ashley Kastner finished fourth, Morgan Nance fifth, Jessica Ostler eighth, Caley Melton ninth, Molly McCulloch 10th and Toby Carratt 11th for the Eagles.
The boys’ side did not have the same luck as their female counterparts, finishing fourth out of five teams.
Sam Mears led the boys with a fifth place finish, while Tyler Sassara finished 11th, Logan Merriam 24th, and Colton Swearingen 26th to lead the Eagles.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge