Tuesday, January 9, 2007
News staff writer
December 16, 2006
The Hood River Dynamos U-14 girls’ soccer team had a solid season and ended the year with four consecutive wins.
The team was made up of Sam Chambers, Aspen Braniff, Ali Flaming, Emily Ing, Claire Merriam, Jenny Gomez, Marina Erickson, Brittani Tolentino, Alicia Everitt, Maddie Chambers, Kristen Davis, Emily Thompson, Jessica Ribkoff Jacquie Bryant and Marit Knapp.
The squad was coached by Erin Thompson and Tom Merriam and finished with 8 wins, 4 losses and 2 ties and finished tied for second place in its division.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge