Tuesday, January 9, 2007
News staff writer
December 16, 2006
Four Gorge Gymnastics girls qualified for sectionals in November, with three of them advancing to state.
Cedar Riley, Alexa Alexander, Allie Spadaro and Claire Rawson all qualified for districts while Wiley, Alexander and Rawson advanced to state Dec. 2-3 in Clackamas.
At state Wiley finished in fourth place in floor routine and had an all-around score of 34.4, Alexander recorded an all-around score of 34.825 and Rawson placed sixth on bars, 10th in floor routine, and finished 7th all-around with a score of 35.275.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge