Thursday, January 25, 2007
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
December 30, 2006
Diego Diaz may have to start clearing out some more shelf space for awards.
The Hood River Valley sophomore midfielder, already named to the Mt. Hood Conference All-League first team this year, earned another honor earlier this month when he was selected the second team of the All-State team.
Diaz is the only member of the Eagles squad that advanced to the second round of the state playoffs to be named to the All-State team.
Diaz was second in scoring on the team and in the Mt. Hood Conference this past season.
With two years of starting experience and an All-State honor under his belt, Diaz will help form the core of a young, but talented Eagles squad that will be looking to regroup next year and try to make another run at the Mt. Hood Conference title and a state playoff birth.
More like this story
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge