Thursday, January 25, 2007
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
December 30, 2006
Diego Diaz may have to start clearing out some more shelf space for awards.
The Hood River Valley sophomore midfielder, already named to the Mt. Hood Conference All-League first team this year, earned another honor earlier this month when he was selected the second team of the All-State team.
Diaz is the only member of the Eagles squad that advanced to the second round of the state playoffs to be named to the All-State team.
Diaz was second in scoring on the team and in the Mt. Hood Conference this past season.
With two years of starting experience and an All-State honor under his belt, Diaz will help form the core of a young, but talented Eagles squad that will be looking to regroup next year and try to make another run at the Mt. Hood Conference title and a state playoff birth.
More like this story
- OSAA 5A SOFTBALL PLAYOFFS Late-game heroics by Lauren Decker, Hannah McNerney send HRV to the 5A quarterfinals
- Death Notices for May 27: Sharon Mills, Donna Schnell and Scott Zorza
- Service Announcements for May 27: Randy Van Woert and Thomas Ford
- Next Walking Tour June 5
- Lyle Pioneer Days return May 27
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge