Thursday, January 25, 2007
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
December 30, 2006
Diego Diaz may have to start clearing out some more shelf space for awards.
The Hood River Valley sophomore midfielder, already named to the Mt. Hood Conference All-League first team this year, earned another honor earlier this month when he was selected the second team of the All-State team.
Diaz is the only member of the Eagles squad that advanced to the second round of the state playoffs to be named to the All-State team.
Diaz was second in scoring on the team and in the Mt. Hood Conference this past season.
With two years of starting experience and an All-State honor under his belt, Diaz will help form the core of a young, but talented Eagles squad that will be looking to regroup next year and try to make another run at the Mt. Hood Conference title and a state playoff birth.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge