Thursday, January 25, 2007
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
December 30, 2006
Diego Diaz may have to start clearing out some more shelf space for awards.
The Hood River Valley sophomore midfielder, already named to the Mt. Hood Conference All-League first team this year, earned another honor earlier this month when he was selected the second team of the All-State team.
Diaz is the only member of the Eagles squad that advanced to the second round of the state playoffs to be named to the All-State team.
Diaz was second in scoring on the team and in the Mt. Hood Conference this past season.
With two years of starting experience and an All-State honor under his belt, Diaz will help form the core of a young, but talented Eagles squad that will be looking to regroup next year and try to make another run at the Mt. Hood Conference title and a state playoff birth.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge