Thursday, January 25, 2007
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
December 30, 2006
Diego Diaz may have to start clearing out some more shelf space for awards.
The Hood River Valley sophomore midfielder, already named to the Mt. Hood Conference All-League first team this year, earned another honor earlier this month when he was selected the second team of the All-State team.
Diaz is the only member of the Eagles squad that advanced to the second round of the state playoffs to be named to the All-State team.
Diaz was second in scoring on the team and in the Mt. Hood Conference this past season.
With two years of starting experience and an All-State honor under his belt, Diaz will help form the core of a young, but talented Eagles squad that will be looking to regroup next year and try to make another run at the Mt. Hood Conference title and a state playoff birth.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge