Tuesday, March 13, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
February 14, 2007
Columbia Gorge Community College Board of Education and Region 9 Education Service District Board of Directors have Hood River County position openings.
Each candidate for office can either circulate a petition with signatures equal to 10 percent of the district registration or 25 signatures, whichever is fewer, or pay a $10 filing fee.
The three positions are held by Dave Fenwick (Position 3), Christie Reed (Position 4), and Mike Schend, (Position 6).
Also open are Region 9 ESD, board spots representing Hood River, currently held by Tom Schaefer (Zone 5) and, Jeannette Copper (Zone 6).
The deadline to file is March 15. Interested individuals may call Linda Brown, Chief Deputy/Elections for Wasco County at (541) 506-2534. In both cases, Wasco County is the filing agency, though Hood River County voters will cast ballots for these ESD and college positions.
Hood River County Elections filing continues through May 15. Positions include Port of Hood River, Hood River County School District, Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation board, and Hood River County Transportation District.
Hood River News will run a full recap in the Saturday edition.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge