Tuesday, March 13, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
February 14, 2007
Columbia Gorge Community College Board of Education and Region 9 Education Service District Board of Directors have Hood River County position openings.
Each candidate for office can either circulate a petition with signatures equal to 10 percent of the district registration or 25 signatures, whichever is fewer, or pay a $10 filing fee.
The three positions are held by Dave Fenwick (Position 3), Christie Reed (Position 4), and Mike Schend, (Position 6).
Also open are Region 9 ESD, board spots representing Hood River, currently held by Tom Schaefer (Zone 5) and, Jeannette Copper (Zone 6).
The deadline to file is March 15. Interested individuals may call Linda Brown, Chief Deputy/Elections for Wasco County at (541) 506-2534. In both cases, Wasco County is the filing agency, though Hood River County voters will cast ballots for these ESD and college positions.
Hood River County Elections filing continues through May 15. Positions include Port of Hood River, Hood River County School District, Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation board, and Hood River County Transportation District.
Hood River News will run a full recap in the Saturday edition.
More like this story
- Rain eases Eagle Creek Fire, evacuations lifted
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge