Tuesday, March 13, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
February 14, 2007
Columbia Gorge Community College Board of Education and Region 9 Education Service District Board of Directors have Hood River County position openings.
Each candidate for office can either circulate a petition with signatures equal to 10 percent of the district registration or 25 signatures, whichever is fewer, or pay a $10 filing fee.
The three positions are held by Dave Fenwick (Position 3), Christie Reed (Position 4), and Mike Schend, (Position 6).
Also open are Region 9 ESD, board spots representing Hood River, currently held by Tom Schaefer (Zone 5) and, Jeannette Copper (Zone 6).
The deadline to file is March 15. Interested individuals may call Linda Brown, Chief Deputy/Elections for Wasco County at (541) 506-2534. In both cases, Wasco County is the filing agency, though Hood River County voters will cast ballots for these ESD and college positions.
Hood River County Elections filing continues through May 15. Positions include Port of Hood River, Hood River County School District, Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation board, and Hood River County Transportation District.
Hood River News will run a full recap in the Saturday edition.
More like this story
- Death Notices for July 26: Michael de Socarraz, Milton Fridley, Shannon Lindell, Earline Matson, Billy Vann and Otilia Vann
- Service announcements for July 26: Ralene Cooper, Joshua Parke and Robert Gilmore
- Summer fun: a look ahead
- Eagle Creek fire flares up
- The Fair has fun for all
- Church News for July 22
- Letters to the Editor for July 22
- 6 to Watch: Engage the city street safety survey
- Groups host July 26 forum on Westside Plan
- Hood River News earns ONPA awards
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge