Tuesday, March 13, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
February 14, 2007
Columbia Gorge Community College Board of Education and Region 9 Education Service District Board of Directors have Hood River County position openings.
Each candidate for office can either circulate a petition with signatures equal to 10 percent of the district registration or 25 signatures, whichever is fewer, or pay a $10 filing fee.
The three positions are held by Dave Fenwick (Position 3), Christie Reed (Position 4), and Mike Schend, (Position 6).
Also open are Region 9 ESD, board spots representing Hood River, currently held by Tom Schaefer (Zone 5) and, Jeannette Copper (Zone 6).
The deadline to file is March 15. Interested individuals may call Linda Brown, Chief Deputy/Elections for Wasco County at (541) 506-2534. In both cases, Wasco County is the filing agency, though Hood River County voters will cast ballots for these ESD and college positions.
Hood River County Elections filing continues through May 15. Positions include Port of Hood River, Hood River County School District, Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation board, and Hood River County Transportation District.
Hood River News will run a full recap in the Saturday edition.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge