Tuesday, March 13, 2007
By SUE RYAN
News staff writer
February 14, 2007
Columbia Gorge Community College Board of Education and Region 9 Education Service District Board of Directors have Hood River County position openings.
Each candidate for office can either circulate a petition with signatures equal to 10 percent of the district registration or 25 signatures, whichever is fewer, or pay a $10 filing fee.
The three positions are held by Dave Fenwick (Position 3), Christie Reed (Position 4), and Mike Schend, (Position 6).
Also open are Region 9 ESD, board spots representing Hood River, currently held by Tom Schaefer (Zone 5) and, Jeannette Copper (Zone 6).
The deadline to file is March 15. Interested individuals may call Linda Brown, Chief Deputy/Elections for Wasco County at (541) 506-2534. In both cases, Wasco County is the filing agency, though Hood River County voters will cast ballots for these ESD and college positions.
Hood River County Elections filing continues through May 15. Positions include Port of Hood River, Hood River County School District, Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation board, and Hood River County Transportation District.
Hood River News will run a full recap in the Saturday edition.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge