Friday, March 30, 2007
By BEN MCCARTY
News staff writer
February 10, 2007
Horizon 73 Sherman 50
Cameron Root led the Hawks with 25 points, while Josh Larsen added 15 points and Jake Johnson 11 points as the Hawks dominated in the fourth quarter to get the win.
With Sherman focusing on stopping Bobby Cofrances, Larsen stepped up to fill the scoring gap for the Hawks, as well as collecting 12 rebounds.
“Josh is playing very, very well with a lot of poise and patience,” Hawks Coach Ron Haynes said.
Reynolds 55 Hood River 43
The Eagles got 21 points from Meredith Danko and 11 points from Rachel Perry, but it was not enough to overcome the 36 points that Reynolds’ Rachel Scarpeli and Renee Tzeo combined to score as the Raiders kept the Eagles at bay with several key shots in the second half.
“We would get the lead down to five or six points then the Raiders would hit a big shot,” Hood River coach Phil Hukari said.
Condon-Wheeler 51 Horizon 28
Shorthanded because of illness, the Hawks rotated through their bench, allowing younger players to get playing time, and almost the entire roster to score in the loss to the Knights. The Hawks were led by 7 points from Laura Yates, while Hannah frost added 6 points and Jacque Mellow 4 points.
Dufur 79 Horizon 17
With much of the team still sick, the Hawks continued to rotate players against a powerful Dufur team. Sonna Winkel and Jacque Mellow led the Hawks with five points each while Stephanie Ryan added four points. “We didn’t even care about the score,” Horizon coach Amanda Bellus said. “We were just focusing on accomplishing our own goals.”
Sherman 52 Horizon 32
No scoring info available.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge